(28)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"And I hoped that this week, everyone will cooperate to promote a healthy environment. Thank you" And with that, Valarie's speech ended, and with the applause from the crowd, she stepped down the stage. After getting a kiss on the cheek from Vaughn, she went to take her seat back at the V.I.P section.

"You were amazing"

"That was a great speech" People complimented her along the way. And she, not forgetting to say her thanks. As she settled down, her eyes glued on the announcer.

"Now, presenting our main sponsors for this project" Everyone's eyes focused on the big screen, as they showed the companies and people that invest in this project.

"Our major sponsorship will be giving a few words, and will officiate the 'Glam Green' project" Valarie went through the itinerary of the day and look at the name of the major sponsorship.

"H. One?" Valarie thought to herself. She never heard of this person before. Is it a he, or she?

"Introducing our major sponsorship and one of the top models in the industry, H. One! Also known as, Mr. Hyungwon Chae!" Valarie's body tense up at that name, feeling her heartbeat race, and clearly Rae noticed that. Valarie's eyes darted up and she felt like everything around her faded and she couldn't see, or hear anything else, other than him. A million thoughts were running through her head, but she simply couldn't calm herself at the moment.

"I have to thank Mr. Nino Vaughn, for giving me this opportunity to prove myself worthy, by giving back to the community..." Valarie zoned out, when his eyes shifted towards her and her brain couldn't process anymore. Rae looked towards Valarie to see her face is as hard as stone, emotionless and frozen in spot.

"Valarie" Rae whispered. No response. Seriously? What kind of powers does this man have on her? It's been years, and she's still not over him. Rae shake her head slightly, before reaching out her hand and touching Valarie's hand. Valarie snapped out of her trance, looking over towards Rae.

"I have to go, Rae" Valarie stated. Rae didn't even have time to respond when Valarie already stood up.

"And to Ms. De'Casper" Valarie froze, hearing her name being called out. Crap! She mentally cursed! She slowly turn to face the stage, looking at him.

"I'm glad to be cooperating with you for this project. And hopefully, many more events together in the near future. Cheers!" Hyungwon put up his glass of champagne towards the audience and Valarie grabbed hers and put it up as well, forcing a smile, as the crowd started applauding. Hyungwon just simply smirked at her, while she clearly had the daggers for him.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Uggh!!!" Valarie yelled out in frustration, as she threw things towards the window.

"Hey! Hey! Calm down!" Rae stated.

"What the hell is that man doing here?!" Valarie grunted out, breathing heavily as tears pricked her eyes.

"I hate that man!" Valarie groaned out.

"I can tell you detest him! But enough is enough!" Rae grabbed the tissue box from her hands that she was ready to throw.

"Val, look at me!" Rae gripped her arms and made Valarie faced her.

"You're hurt. I understand"

"Why do I feel like he's laughing at my face? I feel like he is saying that he won. That he managed to beat me down" Valarie's tears pooled.