(12)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"Wow. You people are loaded" Rae stated, as she look around the ballroom. Valarie nodded, looking at Hyungwon's event. It was his mother's birthday and well, Valarie and her father got invited. After not knowing who to invite, she dragged Raeven with her.

"His family is way more loaded than my family ever was" Valarie stated, in a hush whisper.

"Oh, is that why you're clinging on to him? You witch!" Rae smirked, mischievously.

"Look, if I don't have a financial problem, I wouldn't even look his way" Lying straight through her teeth!

"Oh, please. Look at him, he's like a freaking prince! Sure you don't have any feelings?" Well, Hyungwon is considered a prince in the vampire community, but obviously Rae doesn't know that.

"He's impossible for me to get"

"Yeah, but you're sleeping with the guy..." Rae mumbled the last part, but clearly Valarie could hear her.

"I just wish you all the best to get him. Want me to help? Want me to push through all those girls around him? I can do that"

"Rae. Don't do something crazy. These rich people judge"

"Yeah, well, let them! I don't care what they think about me. Here. Let me just take off my heels"

"Rae! Rae! Don't!" She hissed, grabbing onto her friend's arm, but it was too late.

"Hello, Hyungwon! Do you remember me?" Rae asked, pushing through all those girls, practically latching onto him.

"Uh..." Hyungwon look at all of them uncomfortably.

"Of course, you do. I have something to tell you, come on" Rae grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the crowd.

"You know what? That painting where I used you and Val as my model got the first place in the competition" Rae started. Hyungwon then look at Valarie, not paying attention to what Rae said.

"Okay, totally not listening to me" Rae then slipped away, before she grabbed Valarie's arm and pulled her closer to Hyungwon.

"Jackpot!" Rae said, as she arrived at the dessert's table.

"Ms. De'Casper. You look nice tonight" Hyungwon stated. Of course, this formal look on Valarie is a normal thing he would usually see.

"You don't look so bad yourself" Valarie stated.

"I don't understand why your friend eagerly dragged me out from those girls. I was enjoying myself"

"I guess she just wanted to tell you the good news. She won first place because of the painting"

"Hmm, well, I guess our looks came to good use then" They both look at each other, clearly feeling awkward.

"If you don't have anything else to say, excuse me..." He went to turn, she was left silent, looking at his retreating back, that handsome back. She then went to look around for her friend, feeling embarrassed.

"I see you like desserts" Rae jumped, hearing a deep voice. She accidentally threw the chocolate truffle from her hand, she glanced around, not knowing where the truffle went.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you"

"You didn't. I just... ack!" She slipped on something soft as she turned and she felt like she flew and was about to land on her back, when someone caught her.