06.

POV Austin;

Her eyes were a beautiful brown; her long dark brown curls made her face stand out better. She was beautiful. No, she was gorgeous. Jesus Post, stop. As if she would ever want something with me. I grimaced a bit and just thought about it. How quickly the rest had suddenly left. Too obvious. "They had something to do." Of course, Joshua could not have kept his mouth shut. Did he have to say that I had asked about her? I pushed my thought away and looked at Madison. She seemed ashamed that she had fallen asleep. I would have had to if I hadn't been so busy with the conversation. She seemed nice, friendly, but shy. "It's nothing." I held out my hand so that I could help her straight. I wasn't paying attention, and I pulled a little too hard. She fell right onto me. "Waaah! Austin." She pulled away, laughing, and almost fell to the floor again from laughter. I could not keep myself serious anymore and burst out laughing.

POV Madison;

When we stopped laughing, we walked towards the house. The rest was already gone. When I asked why they were gone, Austin was suspiciously quiet. "They had something to do." He murmured. "Yes, as if I believe that." I clapped my hand to my mouth. Oops, did I say that aloud? I looked embarrassed at Austin, but he just grinned. "I thought the same thing." Why did they do that? As if Austin saw something in me. I felt something strange in my stomach. Butterflies? No, how could I have fallen in love with someone I barely knew? And someone who is also famous. "Why are you actually on an exchange? You don't seem like that kind of person for that." Austin pulled me out of my mind. Probably an attempt to change the subject. But. How did he understand that again? I felt my hands shake and my tears rise. I knew that my voice was not under control now, so I waited a moment before answering. "Long story. You'll hear it someday." I could curse myself. My voice told me to break through the middle of the sentence. Austin seemed to notice it and changed the subject. Luckily!

***

I finally fell into my bed. It had been a long day. A long but victorious day.

When Austin and I returned home, we met Joshua and the rest in the living room. In the middle of a game on the Playstation. I had been lying on the ground from laughter for more than five minutes with the crazy look that Joshua had on his face when he was racing against Milan. But of course, he had caught me back. Joshua had to start again about the dance/sing incident earlier. The next fifteen minutes, everyone had begged me to sing, and Austin went in a step further by saying that he would take care of the music. I had given up and had just started singing. When I was done, everyone was staring at me. They were all still impressed - what a bunch of exaggerators.

After that, we didn't do much anymore. We had bought pizza, and after almost a food fight, Mia, Milan, and Austin had left. Brenda then immediately dragged me into her small room. She had pushed me onto the bed and asked me every detail about the short time I was alone with Austin. What was that with them? They seemed to want to connect with us. I had told her everything, except for a bit. Immediately she started to do hyper. It made me laugh. She tried to drag out what I thought of Austin, but she didn't get what she asked for. I lied a little and then said that I was tired. I didn't feel like this conversation right now. Because somewhere, I knew that I was falling in love. No matter how bad I wanted it, it seemed impossible to avoid. I knew that this time, I would bump into a broken heart again. It had never been different. I never had a boyfriend. Not that I was interested that much; the fact was that every boy I felt for usually didn't want to know about me. Austin seemed to be an exception to that rule, but I still didn't see myself walking around with him.

In my room, I dropped to the bed. I was such an idiot anyway; I always fell for the wrong guys. The days passed faster. At least that was a relief.

For the first time in a long while, I seemed to be enjoying myself.