Happy

Still Dean's POV

Sammy came back with the deck of Uno cards about a half hour later. We set up the game on the little table that went over the bed. She sat up straight and smiled at her deck as soon as it was dealt. I tried to sneak a peek at her deck but she pulled them close to her chest and smirked.

"Fine keep your secrets." I said acting mad. She chuckled at me and glanced at the single card on the table faced up. It was a yellow 5, she nodded and changed the color to blue which I have none of. But I did have a 3 which she put down, let the games begin! It was my turn and I looked at my seven cards in hand. I had a yellow 5, 3 red which contained a 3,7,9. A green skip and reverse and a wild card. I put down my red 3 and chuckled as she glared at me.

"I changed the color for a reason." She said.

"I know, and so did I." I said and smirked. She huffed and Sammy chuckled at the both of us. Sam followed the color and placed down a red 2. We played Uno for awhile chuckling and glaring at each other. Sammy one and watched us duel it out for second place. I lost and she claimed second. We played another round until a nurse came in to check up on her. She looked happy even though her leg must be starting to hurt since the heavy pain killers should be wearing off right about now. I guess she should be happy, she is safe in a room with her boyfriend and me. She isn't in an abusive relationship anymore and she has people who love her. The nurse left with whatever she needed and left us to our game.

~Time Skip~

It was about 9 at night and neither me or Sammy are leaving her side. We just ate dinner and she's getting kinda sleepy. I let Sammy sit in the chair beside her bed as I sat at the table across from her bed. The chair was against the wall so I had a clear view of her bed and the door since it was on the same wall.  Sam was watching her fall asleep to make sure she was alright. I had dimmed the lights earlier to make it easier to sleep. I was starting to become tired as well but I had to stay up and protect her. I always need to protect her. Ever since... that day when she... you know I felt like I had to make sure was happy and safe. That scared me more than being ripped open from a hellhound. 

Sam's POV

Dean was off in his thoughts as I held her hand while she softly slept. The room was quiet and dark, with the only light that shown was from the hallway. I glanced at Dean and he was looking over her bed. I swear he sometimes acts like a guard dog, in many ways. Example A: Watches over someone important to him with his life. Once she was in a deep sleep I took Dean out of his thoughts. 

"Dean. Are you tired?" I asked as it neared 10 at night. 

"Yeah kinda but its fine, I can sleep in the chair." He said with a shrug leaning his head against the wall. 

"Are you sure? That seems pretty uncomfortable." I said eyeing him.

"Yeah I'm good, no need to worry." He said closing his eyes.

"Alright just tell me if you need anything, I'm going to stay up a little longer." I said turning my attention back to Anna. I saw Dean nod his head from the corner of my eye. I stayed up for about thirty more minutes and then fell asleep.