Part 26 - Roman

I rise up in Virgil's room. It looked worse than before. White walls, posters on the floor, broken windows and the his closet door had fallen forwards. I panicked a little but when Virgil moaned in my arms, I remembered the task at hand. I moved further into the room and set Virgil down on his bed. 'A first aid kit in every bathroom' Logan had said. He better be right.

I walked into his bathroom, my eyes locking onto his medicine cabinet. My body gravitated to it, reaching out to the handle and pulling it open. I grabbed the first aid kit and slammed the cabinet closed.

Running back to Virgil, I got on my knees, setting the kit next to him on the bed. I opened it up. There wasn't much inside but it would work. I only had to stitch up Virgil's shot wound so with the little I had to work with, it should be fine.

I put surgery gloves on my hands, feeling the material stick to my sweaty hands. I grabbed a small bottle of antiseptic and a cotton ball, cleaning off the wound of left over blood. I tossed the cotton ball into the trash and continued. Taking the needle and some thread, I threat the needle and positioned it comfortably in my hand. I looked at the wound again, getting a little nervous. My hands were vibrating and my brow was damp. This wasn't just any surgery, this was Virgil's surgery. I didn't want to hurt Virgil but I didn't have much choice.

I stuck the needle in his chest and began to sew it up. Logan said this would be just like stitching clothes. This was nothing like stitching clothes. The clothes never moan in pain or twitch. I went slowly and carefully.

I cut the threat close to his chest when I was done. I looked over my work, it wasn't bad but it would've turned out better if it was clothes. I grabbed the first aid kit and took it back to the bathroom. I stuck the used tools under the sink with warm, bubbly water. I removed my gloves and threw them in the trash. Finally, I took some bandages and brought them back over to Virgil. I wrapped his chest like a gift, making sure it was snug. I flopped back onto the ground and took a breath. I felt myself bathing in my success. I didn't think that surgery would ever end.

I let my eyes slip closed, feeling my heart rate slow. I began to wonder about Logan, Patton, and Deceit. I hope they're doing alright. Maybe I should go back and help them now that I'm done with Virgil's operation.

I heard a panicked gasp followed by violent coughs. I sat up, eyes opened wide. I looked to Virgil who had run into his bathroom. I didn't need to see him to know that he was in the middle of puking up the venom in him. I slowly stood up and walked around his bed to the bathroom. When I didn't hear Virgil anymore, I knocked on the door, "Virgil baby, you alright?"

"Mhmm." I heard. I pushed the door open and slowly sat next to my emo nightmare, who was leaning against the bathroom wall. He put his head on my shoulder and I kissed the top of his head. He let out a little laugh and I looked at him with a smile. "Why do I feel like shit?"

"Wrath shot you. Don't you remember?"

"I do now." Virgil admitted, rubbing his head. He lifted up his shirt and noticed the bandage around his chest. His skin was ghostly pale and his figure was slim. He pulled his shirt back now and sighed, "It's called a silent death."

"What?" I questioned.

"Silent death. A power only dark sides are capable of but we never do it." He explained. A question crossed my mind.

"How are you awake? Your aura is still gone, your room hasn't returned to normal." Virgil nodded slightly, pushing himself to his feet.

"It's like Wrath said, I guess." He paused, letting out a painful laugh. "Guess he was right." Virgil shoved his hands in his pockets and shrugged his thoughts away. He stuck out his hand for me, I took it thankfully. He pulled me up. We were face to face. I smiled at him and he gave a weak smile back. Maybe everything would turn out fine.

I felt a sharp pain radiate across my skull. I pulled back from Virgil and grabbed my head. My teeth gnashed against each other as I took a few steps backwards before crumpling to my knees. I couldn't hear anything Virgil was saying. I could barely hear my own thoughts. I wasn't focusing on them either. Just focusing on the fact that all my creative ideas and motivations were being erased from my mind. Everything Thomas has ever thought of sense I was created. It was slipping. What the hell is happening?

I let out a giant scream and banged my fist into the ground, growing angry over the new, boring thoughts flooding my head. I almost could't handle it much longer. So many thoughts were taking over, pushing me out of my own head. I was trying to fight it but I was failing. I was being deleted.

My hands fell by my sides. I made contact with the cold bathroom floor. Cold hands pulled me into a warm lap. The hands began shaking me, awakening me from my troubled sleep. I opened my eyes slightly and I looked up at the body to the hands. He must've been another side. Anxiety, I think. Wrath's thoughts flooded my head. My boss. Our boss. He controls Thomas but one thing, Wrath says, will stop Wrath's control.

Anxiety.