| Chapter II | a message from the past

Reine took a shower, cleaning off all the blood on her

Reine took a shower, cleaning off all the blood on her. She changed into some of Millicent's least flashy clothes, a silver dress covered by a black hooded cape coat, match with black knee-length boots, it all fitted her a bit big but it wasn't that noticeable. Then she stole some jewels and money stashes, putting them and her pillowcase with her things into one of Millicent's bags. Before leaving the manor she put everything into place for Charles to find.
After leaving the manor she went to the shed and took a gasoline can. She walked to the car that had brought her here, poured the gasoline over the dead passengers, then burned them and the car. She stood back and stared in amazement. Finally, she left in one of the Coldwell's cars with a smile on her face.

As Henry Coldwell drove home he failed to notice the fire burning a few feet away, he was a bit intoxicated. He was probably a little more than intoxicated given he paid no mind at the open gate, or the bloodstains on the pathway.
He called for his fiancee and mother as he entered the manor, but no one answered. When he tried to turn on the lights, he couldn't. He called for them again, but they didn't answer.
He walked towards the only resource of light, the family room. Maybe if he had been carrying a light he would've noticed the ripped portraits or the bloodstains scattered around.
When he opened the door to the family room, suddenly a round-shaped object fell on him. He caught it before it fell to the ground, it was his mother's head. Her skin was gone and her eyes were ripped out, as well as her tongue. He dropped the head immediately. 
He was about to run to call the cops but his attention was caught with what was awaiting him in the room.
The walls were written on with blood.

NOT INNOCENT
OFF WITH YOUR MASKS

After starring in horror at the words on the wall, he turned to find his headless mother sitting in her chair by the fire. He ran to her side with tearful eyes. The tears didn't stop him from noticing the letter on his mother's hand. He cautiously took it from her and read it.

Hello there asshole, yes I'm talking to you, Charles Coldwell. You're probably too stupid to figure out who did this. I'll give you a clue, I'm the past you so desired to hide coming back to bite you in the ass. Still can't tell? It's me! The bastard daughter of your dead wife. I know, I know, I should be locked up in Arkham. Surprise!
Now you can stop reading and call the cops on me, but that's gonna be pretty hard since I cut the lines. So take a seat and keep reading, I know it must be hard, reading something that isn't a picture book but try.
I could've waited and killed you. I could've put poison in your favorite drinks. But I didn't, can you guess why?
You hurt me when I was a child, you hurt my mother. You and your mother have caused so much pain. I have the truth, I could ruin you. I could've ruined you long ago. 
But wasn't going to cut off the only protection my sisters have left. Who I see you were planning on giving them a new mother. How is she by the way, not too cold? Have you checked on her? She might be having nightmares.

Mr. Coldwell raced to his bedroom he shared with his fiancee. He could see a body in the bed, but when he went to touch her he found out she was dead. Her head was also cut off, but her face was covered by his mother's. In his distress, he continued reading the letter.

She's such a pretty little thing. She must be so special if you replaced my mother with her. But we both know the history with your lovers, being with you is basically a death sentence.
Let's get things straight, you're only alive because I let you, because I care about your daughters. So no more fiancees, you're gonna let me get away, and you won't tell anyone that I came here. You're going to let me kill your mother and girlfriend, rob you, and you're going to cover for me. I don't care how you do it, but you will. Oh and there's a burning car with four men near your house, you'll have to deal with that too. 
Because you see, I own you. You do as I say now. Be smart for once in your life and accept that, don't try to fight back. I'll win, you know I will. Burn this letter and get to work.

Ciao,

~Reine