| Chapter XXXVI | reborn

Jerome and Reine knockout Dwight and tie him up with a bomb vest, placing him in the middle of all the TNT and gasoline

Jerome and Reine knockout Dwight and tie him up with a bomb vest, placing him in the middle of all the TNT and gasoline. Reine positions the camera in place.

"Lights, camera, and... action", she says as she turns on the camera.

"Testing. Testing. Am I live? Am I on air? Can you hear me? Ah, screw it. Let's do it."

Reine lets out a small chuckle.

"Hi. Some of you may know, I died. Uh-oh. But take it from me, death is... dull, but coming back... that is something. Leave it to dying to give you a whole new perspective on life."

They walk over to Dwight, who had the cop hat on and was just starting to wake up.

"And I would like to share that with you." He turns over to Dwight, "Oh, officer, you look terrible."

"Hey, you got... oh.", Reine says as she reaches behind his ear and pulls out a lighter, which she hands to Jerome.

"Tonight, Gotham, in the darkness, there are no rules. So, tonight, Gotham... do what you want. Kill who you want. And when morning comes... you, too, shall be," he lights up the cable connected to the bomb, "reborn."

"Tonight's gonna be a hell of a night!"

They laugh as they walk away.
But before they leave they turn to Dwight.

"Oh, and, uh...", Jerome says, snapping his fingers, not remembering his name.

"Dwight.", he tells them.

"I don't forgive you for my face.", he says, pointing at his face.

"Bye-bye.", Reine says waving her hand.

They continue to leave while laughing.

They watch at a safe distance, as the bomb goes off and the flames engulf a good number of buildings.
Reine laughs and dances in excitement at the explosion.
Soon the lights in Gotham begin to go off, leaving Gotham in darkness.

"I love a night with a good explosion!", she exclaims.

They laugh together. Their laughter only being interrupted when Reine jumps on Jerome and starts kissing him.

"I missed you.", she says between kisses.

As the city was now in drowning in chaos, Jerome and Reine went to the cult who were ready to do anything they asked. After they did a little catching up, Jerome changed into an outfit resembling a straight jacket.

"How is it that you look hot in any type of uniform?", she asked as she changed into her clothes which were just a more extreme version of her usual outfit of leg garters, thighs, shorts, bralettes, and leather jackets.

"The same way you look hot in anything.", he said as he pulled her into a kiss.

"So, who killing next?", she says with a huge smile as she sits on his lap.

"That rich kid, Bruce Wayne. Not being able to kill him last time has been bugging me since I woke up. Him and Galavan, but I heard you already took care of that." He caresses her face.

"Of course, the fucker had it coming.", she kisses his neck. "Now, you and your followers can go get the Wayne boy and I'll meet with you later. I won't take long, promise.", she gives him a kiss before standing up.

Jerome holds her hand.

"And where will you be going?"

"I'm going to check in with a friend, making sure they're not dead, you didn't think I was by myself all this time did you?", she asks, raising her eyebrow.

"Just a friend?"

"Awe, I'd say jealousy isn't a good look, but I quite like it on you." She pecks his cheek, "Just don't go too overboard with it."

So while Jerome went to kill Bruce Wayne, Reine checked on her friends.
Though she was very worried about her friends, she also kinda didn't want to see Bruce's death. She knows they were sort of friends and it'd be weird since she had just helped him out. Though that was mainly for Selina.
First, she quickly checked on Ivy, who was alright and safe away from the chaos in Gotham. Then Selina.

Who at the moment she was more worried about, seeing as she left her to deal with her mother. Though she's sure that Bruce was there to help her out or whatever. She felt bad leaving her for so long.
She was only supposed to help to catch a cult, something quick, she never planned for Dwight actually cutting Jerome's face off or for Jerome to actually come back.

"Kitty-cat!" She immediately pulled her into a hug, "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I have to go, but we can talk about what went down with your mom and all that when I get back. Right now I need you to stay in here, I'll light up a few candles, take my gun, I know you can take care of yourself- but I'd feel better if I knew you were safe, it's chaos outside, Kitty." She holds her gun for her to take.

"Because of you, right?", her voice held anger and disappointment.

"What?", Reine said, not expecting her to ask that.

"I saw you on the tv with that ginger freak! You made this happen."

Selina was completely angry now. Reine didn't understand, since they had already talked about how she was insane and has committed a lot of crimes.

"Well, yeah. It doesn't mean I don't care about your safety."

"Is that why you left today? Just so you could be with your lunatic boyfriend and help him destroy the city?!", Cat asked completing ignoring what Reine had said.

"No!, Kitty, I tried to stop this guy that was leading his cult-"

"Right, and I suppose you weren't just going to leave to go back to him."

Reine didn't understand why Cat was so mad, and why she had a huge problem with Jerome as if it had been anyone else it wouldn't be so bad.

"And what if I am?! I came here because I lo- because I care about you. But I care about him too. You're making it seem I chose him over you. Like I can't care about two people at the same time. What if I told you to choose between me and Bruce?"

"Bruce is not a lunatic, Reine!", she said as if it obviously wasn't the same thing.

But it was the same thing to Reine.

"Yeah, but I am. And I kill people, and I'm a freak. The choice is easy, isn't it? After all, I'm nothing but a heartless monster, right?"

Cat stays silent. Reine looks at her pleadingly, desperate for her to say anything. But she won't even look at her, remaining silent.
This gives Reine her answer, which felt like a bullet went threw her heart.

"Right. Stay safe Selina." She leaves her gun on the table before leaving, knowing this time she had truly lost her.