| Chapter XXVI | the secret

Odette has been locked in her room for days

Odette has been locked in her room for days. Oswald has tried to sperate the new couple but hasn't been very successful. At least not yet. Joan was worried for her sister, she hadn't talked to her in days.

Tonight she went to check on her again, bringing her a plate of food. But when she went to her room she found it wasn't unlocked. Unlike these past few days. And when she went inside she didn't see Odette anywhere. She checked all over the manor, still not being able to find her. She decided to ask one of the maids she'd been acquainted with. After talking to her, she knew where her sister had gone.

Elsewhere in the city, Reine is partying about. As she did most nights. After a while of spending her time at clubs, doing drugs and getting high, she finally decides to leave.
While she was walking the streets of Gotham, jumping from roof to roof she saw something. Being ever so curious she went to get a better look.

Someone was cutting the brake wires of a car. She didn't know why but she felt that she needed to record this. And so she did. Without being noticed. As she did so she noticed who she was taking a video of. Her very own sister, Odette, except it's not Odette.

Odette was small and carried herself with a shy elegance. While this one pranced confidently with a mysterious poise. She also didn't wear gloves.

She should've been gone by now, but she stayed. 
She watched as her sister walked away, hiding in an alleyway. That's when her other sister came, Joan. And while they talked in a hushed tone, she watched as a blonde woman gets into the car and her doom. 
The twins don't get to watch this as they were too into their conversation to pay attention. 

"What have you done?"

"She needed to get out of the way.", she spoke in a Mid-Atlantic accent.

"Lea, do you have any idea what you have done?"

"Stood up for my love."

"Does Odette know?"

"Darling, she basically begged me to. Better me than that psychopath." 

"Well, you're not much better."

From the distance, a crash could be heard. Close to the train tracks.

"Well, damn, look what you did. I wasn't able to see her get crushed."

"You really think Edward is going to love you. Odette barely had a chance with him. Where does that leave you?"

"I'd be careful with your words, dear. I am not attached to you like some of the others. If you get between me and those I love. I will not hesitate to kill you."

"If you get a chance that is. Though they're not many are they? Odette will get over him and move on. And you'll be hidden away where you belong."

"I'm not so sure. She's no longer locked in her cage and the real world is filled with so much pain. I wouldn't be surprised if my door gets opened every week."

"Not if as while I'm here to help her. And even if any of you get out I'll be here to put you back in."

"She wouldn't last a day in the real world without us. You can't hide us from her forever."

"Well, I've been doing a pretty good job for this long. Now, are you coming back with me the easy way or the hard way? And I am not attached to you as the others. I won't hesitate to hurt you."

She raised her hands up.

"Do not fret, my dear. I won't be putting up a fight. I'm a killer for love, nothing more."

They went back to the manor, never noticing the person up in the fire escape. Who had also left to go back to her place?
When they got back to the manor, while they were still outside. Something changed in Joan's twin. 

"Where am I? Where am I?", Odette asked frantically. 

Joan quickly went to her, holding her.

"Hey, I'm here. It's okay I'm here."

"The last I remember was me in my room and then..."

"You went to sleep. You were sleepwalking. Come on, let's take you back to bed."

Odette still feeling a bit odd, let Alex lead her to her room and put her to bed.

The next day Edward found that his girlfriend Isabella was dead.