Grenade

Hermione's POV

Second Year.

No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood!" He spat contemptuously, his face screwing up in disgust.

I flinched, and I was taken aback as I frowned at him, the lump in my throat rising as I tried to swallow it down unsuccessfully, and my eyes watered and I was dangerously close to tears.

"Should've known you were trouble. Why weren't my eyes open?" I said to him later on as we argued bitterly on the stairs.

"It's your fault. Besides, you know I'd have done anything for you. Until you decided to go against me, that is," he said haughtily, and I turned away from him, and bumped his shoulder as I made to walk away.

Third Year.

"This is a bit too grand for the likes of you," Draco said sarcastically, looking at the shrieking shack.

"Shove off Malfoy," Ron said angrily, shaking in anger, and I put a hand on his arm to try calm him. Despite everything, I didn't want Draco hurt.

Draco's eyes narrowed at my touch on Ron's arm in unmistakable jealousy because he knew he'd lost that privilege a long time ago due to his own behaviour and he just couldn't stand it, so he decided to hurt me.

"I think it's time you learned how to speak to your superiors," he smirked at Ron.

I was tired of his attitude.

At one point, I could've been black and blue because of him and I wouldn't have cared, he was my boy, but he was a bad boy, and I gave him everything I had and he tossed it in the trash. I'd given him all my love, it was all I ever had, but it wasn't enough for him. Nothing ever was.

"Hope you don't mean yourself," I retorted, glaring at him.

"How dare you talk to me! Filthy little Mudblood!" He sneered in my face, and although I glared back at him, he was focusing on my chin, which was wobbling; a telltale sign I was about to cry, and he fixated his smirk on me and I knew he knew.

Sixth Year

"You don't have to do this Draco. Stop shutting me out!" I yelled after him, and he turned back around angrily, and strode back up to me, and held me roughly by the shoulders.

"You don't get it! I have to do this! I was a liar. I didn't love you, I never ever ever did baby!" He bellowed into my face. "Stop caring!"

"I can't. Darling, I'd catch a grenade for you, I'd go through pain, I'd take a bullet straight through my brain. You know I'd die for you baby, but you wouldn't do the same," I responded, tears falling down my face as his grip intensified on my shoulders.

"I can't. For your own safety, you have to go. Don't you dare fucking cry. I can't see you that way," he said fiercely, his cold grey eyes, once full of innocence that had been stolen from him by forced manhood replaced with nothingness. It was almost eerie in a sense. I knew that I would do anything for him, but I knew he wouldn't do the same.

A/N: bit of an odd, random one shot/ songfic! But.... I do like it a bit! Hope you're all enjoying this! Can't believe how close we are to 300 reads! Thanks so much! And thanks for 1K on Sucker for his Love! I can't believe it! Words cannot express my gratitude but tysmilysm! Anyways, love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon💗💗

 I do like it a bit! Hope you're all enjoying this! Can't believe how close we are to 300 reads! Thanks so much! And thanks for 1K on Sucker for his Love! I can't believe it! Words cannot express my gratitude but tysmilysm! Anyways, love you all m...