xxv. wedding bells

☆✼★━━━━━━━━★✼☆

☆✼★━━━━━━━━★✼☆

A FEW WEEKS had gone by since the boys had been recording at Ridge Farm. They had spent a total of three weeks there, and had got back recently. The album still had a bit more to be done, but a lot of it was recorded and ready now.

It was now the 27th of June, 1975 – the date of Estelle Quinn and Daniel Rigby's wedding. The sun was shining brightly through the large glass window of the room in the big country hotel that Valentina currently stood in, surrounded by bridesmaids, her sister Estelle, and her mother. There were two other people in the room, a man who was in charge of doing Estelle's hair for her wedding day, and a woman who was doing her makeup.

Estelle had chosen a beautiful old hotel in the countryside (a few miles out of London) for all the wedding guests to stay in, and it surely was gorgeous here. Everything was made of lovely old stone and there were blossom trees and beautiful rose bushes throughout the grounds, where Estelle and Daniel would have the celebrations after the wedding. There were many people outside setting up a few marquee tents for food and drinks to be had in after the actual ceremony at the nearby church, and everything was very busy. Valentina had arrived the night before with Roger, as Estelle wanted her sister there to assist her with her getting ready process from first thing in the morning.

Roger was getting ready in their hotel room a few rooms down the hallway, and he hadn't met her family members yet. The couple had arrived quite late the night before so everyone had already vanished off to bed before they got there.

Estelle was currently sat in a large chair at a vanity, her blonde shiny hair up in curlers all over her head, as a woman worked on her makeup. Estelle already had her wedding dress on, and it was safe to say that she looked absolutely stunning in it. It was a typical kind of wedding dress, white with beautiful little simple details on the top half, leaving her shoulders exposed, and the skirt was made of many layers of floaty material, sweeping down to the floor. It held her figure perfectly and Valentina was slightly in awe of her sisters appearance, she wondered how it was fair for her sister to be so gorgeous.

"Stel, you look so amazing!" Valentina gushed, looking at her sister in the mirror as she stood behind her.

Estelle grinned, "What, even with these curlers in?" she giggled pretending to bounce her hair in her hands as she batted her eyelashes at her sister.

Valentina laughed, "even if with the curlers darling."

Valentina walked over to the large full length mirror in the corner of the room, and inspected her own appearance. She had to say that she was very pleased with how her bridesmaid dresses had turned out. They were a very pretty subtle shade, so pale that they were barely yellow, but still looked beautiful with the flowers and the pops of pale yellow that Estelle had added to everything. The shape of the dress was flattering, and Valentina was pleased with how it looked on her. Her own blonde locks flowed down her back in loose ringlets, the front of her hair pulled up and held with a pretty silver hair clip.