xxix. celebrations

☆✼★━━━━━━━━★✼☆

☆✼★━━━━━━━━★✼☆

A NIGHT AT The Opera been released yesterday, and so far, sales were already flying out. Bohemian Rhapsody had been released weeks before, and had been incredibly popular, and so this boosted the album sales too. The single was quickly released by EMI after it had been aired on the radio because people loved it, and after that, sales flew. It was like nothing they had expected, and the band were quickly shooting up in fame. It was something incredible.

It had been an insane few months for the boys, and now that the album was out, they were starting to think about the tour. Valentina wasn't looking forward to Roger going away again for a tour, but she figured it would be something she would have to grow familiar with, due to touring being a very large part of the bands lives.

Tonight, Freddie and Mary were hosting a large party at their house to celebrate the release and success of the album, and the song Bohemian Rhapsody. It had been number one in the charts for weeks now. Not only would all of the band and their partners be attending, but there would also be many people who worked alongside Queen, friends of the band, friends of the people who worked with them, and even a few very important people in the music industry. It was an important night for them in a way, because despite the fact it was a celebration, it was also an opportunity for them to really sell themselves to some big people in the industry.

Valentina had invited Emilia along with her tonight, as she got along well with Mary, and Chrissie and Veronica too, on the few occasions that she had met them. The band also all liked Emilia and viewed her as a friend, so Freddie had wanted her there too.

It was 6pm, and Valentina and Emilia were getting ready at her flat, waiting for Roger to pick them up at 7 to take them to the party. He wouldn't be drinking as he wanted to drive home, and he also was very set on making a good impression on everyone and not being drunk or rowdy (as you can imagine, he had a slight tendency to get a bit easily annoyed when drunk). Valentina however, would be having a few glasses of champagne to calm her nerves when meeting new people, and to put her at ease a little more.

Valentina was wearing a dark red velvet dress that fell to her mid thigh, and had thin dainty straps that held it up over her shoulders. The dress wasn't very low cut, as she felt just needed to look more 'professional girlfriend' and less 'groupie', it was quite fitted around her figure. She felt confident in it. She had a red lip to match her dress, and her hair was tied up in a high ponytail, falling messy corkscrew curls, with a few thin curls pulled out to frame her face.

Emilia was wearing a little blue denim skirt with a white off-the-shoulder blouse that had a few little buttons going down the front. She had on some silver heels with this and her makeup shades were neutral, her hair in big curls with the front section pulled back neatly. She looked gorgeous.

When two girls were finally ready, it was quarter to seven, so they decided to fill the remaining time until Roger arrived by having a small glass of wine each, to get them prepared for the evening. They chatted and drank their drinks, and at 7 precisely there was a knock at the door. Valentina opened it to be greeted by Roger looking gorgeous in a black shirt buttoned low on his chest, a subtly patterned blazer jacket, and a pair of black trousers. He wore at least three necklaces, and some rings on his fingers. He looked hot.