Encounter

Jennie -

I woke up early to the sound of my alarm and heard voices outside my bedroom.

"That's my cereals V! Give me those!!"

"Nope! Too late sis!"

"But that's mine!"

Uggh. They're already bickering at this hour?

I rolled my eyes from irritation. I wanted to go back to sleep when suddenly my alarm went crazy.

"Shit! Today's my first day!"

I abruptly got out of the bed when I realized that today is the day I've been waiting for. I waited months for this one. My application was accepted by Manoban Group 3 months ago and I have been preparing for this day ever since.

I took a quick shower, wore the dress I bought from the boutique shop yesterday then went to the kitchen for a quick breakfast.

"Hey sis! You're up early?" V waved at me.

"Hey V. What did you do this time?" I patted his head.

"Why are you assuming that I did something wrong?" he shot a glance at me so I narrowed my eyes at him in return.

"Because I just know you did. Where's your twin sister?" I grabbed one slice of bread and drank a glass of milk in a hurry.

"Why do you look like you're in a rush? Well she went out with Ella to buy some groceries. We don't have much left on the fridge you know?" he said as he points his fingers to the old fridge without taking off his eyes from the bowl of cereals which I'm guessing was the reason for his twin's rage a few moments ago.

"Yup! I need to go for work now and I can't be late on my first day. So please take care of Ella and make sure to take her to school on time. I can trust you on that, right V?" He nodded while watching me trip all over the place on my way to the door while fixing my stuff and wearing my shoes with one foot.

God! My shoes are getting smaller, I have to buy a new one.

"Dammit! My feet hurts" I run towards my favorite café to buy a drink and to catch some motivation on my first day, I need sugar to start this day right.

"Morning Beautiful!" a man on the counter said as he gave me his most charming smile.

"Kai..." His eyes met mine and I got giddy all of a sudden and forgot about my aching feet. I smiled at him as I made my way to the counter.

"Wow. You look gorgeous on that dress by the way. So, one tall hot dark chocolate chip for Jennie?" He knew that I always buy one every morning and he would always draw a smiley face on the cup as he hands me over my order.

"Thank you Kai." I smiled at him and paid for the drink.

Kai is my childhood slash neighbor slash knight in shining armor that I had been crushing on since forever. He has those brown eyes that would always make you feel warm all the time, he was too good to be true.

"Thank you Kai. It's my first day and I really feel nervous."

It's true. I can't afford to show any flaws today because I have always dreamt of working on that company.

Manoban Group, an empire that owns half of the country. Working with them would be a dream come true for everyone.

"Well I'm pretty sure you'll do great. They will love you! So cheer up alright?" He gave me a thumbs up, patted my head as he messed my hair a bit and I hated myself for blushing every time he does that. I always need to hide my face so he won't see me blushing from his actions.

I wish he'd love me too...

"I have to go Kai. See you around" I quickly ran towards the door while I hid my tomato face when I unknowingly bumped into a figure.

"Shit!"

My hot Chocó gone in a few seconds and went straight to the something or someone to be exact.

Oh my god, why do I have to be so clumsy all the time?

I looked up and saw this beautiful or I could say handsome? I stared at her face for a few seconds.

Is that even possible??

Though she was wearing sunglasses, I can still see how good she looks. Her chiseled jaw line left me staring in awe. I realized she was holding me so close and can smell her overwhelming perfume. I stared at her suit, her carefully ironed suit.

Shit!

Reality punched me hard on the face as I quickly straightened myself.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I tried to fix her clothes and wipe the mess I made with my hand but I forgot that the drink was still hot.

"Ouch!" I whimpered as I felt the hot liquid on my skin but my heart pounded fast from the sudden contact.

She held my wrist and I realized that her other hand is resting at the back of my waist.

"Don't." I shivered from her voice.

It was, authoritative. It was -

Hot but cold at the same time.

What is wrong with me?

"Here" She placed a handkerchief on my palm and shoved my hands away as she walked out from the café. I was left dumbfounded until I felt a hand on my shoulders.

"Hey Jen, are you okay? What happened?" Kai looked at me worriedly but I was too speechless from the quick encounter just now.

I looked at the handkerchief she gave me and saw an initial written in neat cursive.

"L" I mumbled to myself.

"Huh?" Kai asked.

"Nothing" I was staring at the handkerchief for too long when realization struck me like a lightning.

Shit! I'm late for my first day!!

I ran towards the door as fast as I could and hailed a cab on the street.

Of all the days Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, why did you choose to be so careless today?!