Does she care?

Jennie -

"Hey Jen, thanks for coming in tonight," Kai said wearing his very attractive smile.

I was putting my apron on when I went outside the locker room and smiled at him too. I work in the café during weekends to help out with our finances. I was a full-time barista before I got the application to Manoban Group. But now that I'm working on the weekdays, I was lucky enough to convince my manager here to let me work even just for the weekends, he said he was surprised that the new owner of the café agreed to the setup.

"No need to thank me Kai. It's my job to come in for work" I told him as I fix my hat and stood at the counter beside him. He's handsome when he smiles.

"I know. I'm just happy that you're here" he patted my head again and I blushed. I quickly bowed my head so he won't see my pink-tinted cheeks.

"Hi! Can I get two cappuccinos with some extra milk please?" a woman with a very distinct voice speaks.

Why does her voice sound familiar to me?

I abruptly looked up and saw;

"Jisoo?" I was shocked to see her at the café'.

She was simply wearing all-black Adidas sweatpants and a shirt.

"Is that you Jennie? Wow! What a coincidence?!" I saw how she reacted as if she was trying to figure things out.

She quickly glanced at the table located beside the windows and suddenly my heart skipped a beat.

She's sitting there, staring blankly outside the windows just like in her office.

"I had no idea that you work in here" I looked up at Jisoo. She was smirking and kept on looking back and forth from me and L. I decided to call her by the initial written on her handkerchief.

"Sorry, I work here before I got accepted in Manoban Group. But now I'm just working during the weekends. Would there be any issues if I continue to work here? I promise it won't affect my work with Manoban Group!" I whispered to Jisoo, afraid that she might hear me.

She pointed at L. "No, it's cool! I think she wouldn't mind at all. She's incapable of caring you know? Haha!" she laughed.

Incapable of caring? Why do I have a hard time believing what she just said? I know she is capable when she gave me her handkerchief and protected me when I fell on the floor yesterday. She may look cold on the outside but somewhere deep inside, I know she cares.

"Uhm, Jennie? Can I get my order now, please? That beast there is going to kill me if I don't go back ASAP" Jisoo waved her hands.

Shaking my thoughts away, I punched in her order.

"Sorry let me just prepare your order" I quickly arranged two cappuccinos and wrote their names on each cup. I smiled while writing her initial on the cup; I couldn't stop my hands and I drew a smiley beside the letter L. I placed both the cup in a tray and smiled at Jisoo.

"Here you go. Two cappuccinos with extra milk"

"Thank you, Jennie." I nodded at her and she smiled before walking to their table. I watched her as she approached L.

I watched them from the counter. Jisoo kept on laughing and it seems like they were having a good time.

I looked at L in awe. She looks amazing even in her casual outfit. She was only wearing a simple flannel shirt and ripped jeans. Dark clothes look good on her.

Are they a thing?

Why are they up this late?

Why are they together?