Daggers in my heart

Jennie -

8 PM ~

The sun has set down and I haven't seen L since the afternoon. I changed into white off-shoulders and denim shorts. I was walking down the hall while my mind wanders back from the memory of this afternoon.

-Flashback-

"Stop it Jungkook. I'm not a good swimmer so please don't play around" I'm currently in the middle of the ocean, away from the shore with a playboy lurking around me.

What a nuisance.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe in my arms babe" he winked and I internally gag. It's not that Jungkook's ugly, he's totally hot and good looking but I just really hate guys like him.

"Ah!" I almost fell from the paddle board and Jungkook's hands found their way up to my waist while he guided me back to the board.

"What is she doing standing there?" Jungkook mumbled. I narrowed my eyes to glance at the figure that's standing near the shoreline. 

It was L! She seems preoccupied at a moment and I felt like she was watching me but I guess it was just my imagination.

Why won't she move?

Why is she just standing there?

I saw Jisoo came to her and they both walked away from the water. It looked like she was guiding her to the benches.

"Hey!" I snapped my head back to Jungkook and removed his hands from my waist.

"Sorry, can't resist the beauty you possess" he said and I rolled my eyes.

When I glanced back to where L was, she wasn't there anymore.

-End of flashback-

"Thank you babe"

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I bumped into someone.

My eyes widened when I realized it was Nancy wearing only a towel. l wrapped around her body.

"Hey. You forgot your..." L stopped midsentence when  she stood proudly in front of her door.

I eyed her from head to toe and all of a sudden, my heart felt pain. She was only wearing her boxer shorts and sports bra and Nancy's bathing suit was hanging from her left hand.

"Oh, clumsy me" Nancy grabbed her bathing suit while intentionally rubbing her hands on L's arm.

"By the way, I enjoyed your company" my eyes travelled back and forth from Nancy and L.

Nancy smirked but L just tilted her head on the side with furrowed brows. Her eyes widened and snapped to my direction.

Her gaze met mine and it felt like I was daggered through the heart a million times.

"No, you got it..." I stopped her midsentence.

"It's okay. It's none of my business and whatever you do privately is not my concern Ms. President" I bowed my head and ran away as quick as I could.

My cold feet brought me to the beach and I shivered as the winds hit my burning skin.  I felt tears running down my cheeks as the daggers kept on stabbing me painfully in my chest. I hate myself.

Why do I feel so angry right now?

Why do I even care if they have sex?

She's not my girlfriend anyway!

But why am I this mad?

Because you fell for her stupid.

"Ahhhhhh!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Whoa! You might wake everyone with that scream" I snapped my head to the voice and saw Suga carrying some bottle of beers.

"Sorry" I mumbled and quickly wipe away my tears.

"We're going to drown ourselves for some beer tonight. Maybe you should join us" Jin offers while he carefully eyes me.

"I would love that"

"Perfect! Let's go!"

I followed Jin and Suga. I was amazed to see that they had set up a bonfire and everybody was there except for L and Nancy.

They're still busy of course.

I felt the pain again as I sat beside Irene and Seulgi. I watched Jin settle down the beers and some chips while I felt a pair of eyes and saw Jisoo with an apologetic smile.

She mouthed "Are you okay?" and I just nodded my head in return.

I stared at the fire as it gave warmth to my freezing heart. I tried to shake the memory of seeing Nancy and L from the hall a few minutes ago but the daggers in my heart won't stop torturing me.

"Here you go" I hastily grabbed the bottle of beer from Seulgi amd drank it straight hoping it would help me ease the pain.

-------

AN: One more update for my favorite readers!

Hello there!