Everything I need

Jennie -

I woke up with a heavy heart knowing the pain that I'm about to inflict.

"Good morning" she greets me with a smile.

After 3 days, she showed up on our apartment door with flowers in her hands, a face covered with plasters and arms covered with bruise. She told me she fell from the stairs and had to rest for a few days. She had no idea that I was there holding her on my lap when she was unconscious and beaten near to death by her own father.

She has no idea that I was there dealing with the devil to free her from her suffering. She's clueless that I know the pain she went through and the heartache I'm about to give.

I kissed her temple and gave my best and fakest smile I could give.

"Good morning baby" my tears threatened to fall so I had to bury my face on her chest.

"You missed me so much don't you?" she asks with a hint of being playful and my heart breaks into pieces. I didn't answer so I just nodded and felt her arms tighten around my waist.

"I missed you too" she kissed the top of my head.

Silence...

We stayed in each other's embrace for a few hours and cuddled in my bed letting our heartbeats echo each other.

"Will you take me out for dinner today?" I broke the silence and looked up to meet her beautiful pair of big doe eyes. The eyes that made me lose my own sanity everytime I look at her.

"Of course I would. I have a surprise for you" she smirked and for the nth time today, my heart shattered.

"And what would that be?" I asked trying to be playful as she is.

"That's for you to find out" She winked and chuckled.

How I wish I could still stay and hear you laugh like this every waking day of my life.

She dragged herself up from the bed leaving me empty and lonely.

"I'll be back by dinnertime" She pulled her black sweatshirt over her head and leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"I love you Ruby Jane" She breathes and my heart sank deeper into the hell hole.

"I love you more Lisa Manoban"

6PM ~

"Hey little buddy!"

"Pretty Unnie!!!" Ella hurriedly jumped into L's arms as soon as she arrived at the apartment. As usual, she's breathtakingly beautiful.

"I missed you Lisa!"

"But we just saw each other this morning little buddy" she patted her head and Ella giggled.

"I know. But I still missed you" She pouted and my heart ached for Ella. Soon she will no longer see her anymore.

"But I have to take your sister for a date tonight. Is that okay?" she then turned her gaze to mine and I smiled at her.

"As long as you come back!"

"Ofcourse I will little buddy I promise!" L raised her pinky.

"Pinky promise!" Ella giggled and placed her pinky on L's.

"Shall we go my princess?" she asked and I nodded.

The drive was awfully short and I somehow wished that somewhere in the middle of nowhere we'd get lost or the car would suddenly stop so I can stay with her longer, but I guess fate was on her father's side today.