Sacrifices

Jennie -

One week, one week had passed since that day. L has been spending her nights with me at the apartment and she would always wake up in the middle of the night screaming and covered with sweat.

Every night I share the pain with her and hold her tight until she falls back to sleep tired from her endless cries. She doesn't go to the office anymore, she would either spend time with my siblings or go somewhere I don't know. It pains me to see her like this. She's been suffering and I can't help her overcome the pain and the guilt she's been keeping to herself. I tried everything but nothing worked.

"You look like shit. Have you been getting enough sleep?" Irene commented.

"I still can't believe that our president was actually the daughter of Mr. Manoban. Now it all makes sense to me, her demeanor was almost similar to him" Irene mumbled while drinking her orange juice.

"She's nowhere near her father" I bitterly reacted.

"O-okay chill girl. We're trying to point out the old her. Her cold and strong demeanor towards everybody before you came in" she explained herself.

I sighed thinking about what they said. I'm afraid that I actually changed L in sort of a bad way. Before we became close, she was always composed and has always been so strong.

But now, she's been so weak and tormented by her own guilt. She has always been in a constant pain ever since her memories haunted her back and it slowly kills me seeing her like this.

~

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard someone crying. We decided to stay at her penthouse tonight to spend more time with each other. I walked outside her bedroom to look for her because she wasn't beside me on the bed anymore. I tiptoed my way through the halls and my heart screamed in pain.

She was kneeling in front of the window facing the moon - her shoulders were slouched, her hands were resting on her side and her eyes were shut closed. She was crying - again. Her cries were so painful to hear it echoed all over my system. I watched how her body vibrates from each sob and I immediately covered my mouth with both my hands to mute my own cry.

Slowly, I let the ground swallow me as I cried my heart out. Her pain was my pain.

Two weeks, two weeks had passed and everything was still the same - she was still broken. In the morning she would always act like everything is okay and she will spend time with me like normal couples do. But at night, she would always wake up from a nightmare and cry herself to sleep.

.

.

.

.

.

Lisa -

Two weeks had passed and I am still being tormented by the same memory of swimming in my own mother's blood. I can't contain the pain anymore, it rips me apart and it clearly affects my relationship with Jennie. I'm just lucky that she keeps everything together for me as hard as she can but it kills me every time I see pity in her eyes. It makes me feel weak and useless. I am the total opposite of what I have become. I am a useless piece of shit and that's the truth.

"Ma'am, someone has been trailing behind us since we left the apartment" Mino spoke as he peeked through the rear view mirror.

"I know Mino."

We tried to shake them off but we ended up on an alley with a dead end. Two cars went on a full stop and a group of masked man came out holding bats. I eyed each of them.