Under her touch

Jennie -

1 PM ~

"Do you really have to go to work?" she asked while she plays with my hair.

"Yes baby, I have to" we've been staying inside her car for an hour now.

She's parked in front of the café' trying to convince me not to go. She has been playing with my hair and has been pouting ever since we came here.

How can I leave her like this?

It's so unfair!

"How about tomorrow then?" she looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I still have a shift tomorrow as well" I apologetically answered her.

Unfortunately, I work mid-shift for the weekends to help on our financial status. I'm lucky enough that the owner of the café' was kind enough to allow me and be considerate on my availability.

"Then I'll raise your salary! I'll pay you double the amount you earn for a day on that shitty café'" she nonchalantly shrugged.

"No! The last thing I want from you is helping me out financially. Plus, you don't need to pay me just to spend time with you. And! - Do not call it shitty because that cafe' has helped me survive for the longest time" She tilted her head to one side with furrowed brows.

"I know. But what am I supposed to do for the next hours that you're not with me??" she mumbled almost inaudible.

"Go and play with Jisoo"

"Fine" she crossed her arms like a kid.

She's so adorable!

"But before I go.." she cupped my face and gave me a long lingering kiss before pulling away. I was a bit shocked that she had let me win in an argument.

"I will see you tomorrow." She said while looking at the road.

She seems pre-occupied.

"Uh- okay? Are you sure you're okay with me leaving now?" I was a bit hesitant and I felt uneasy that she easily gave up on our argument. Knowing L, she always wins.

"Yup! I'll be fine. I will see you tomorrow" she looked at me with a grin on her face.

"Okay, you're being creepy right now. What is going on with that pretty brain of yours?" her grin went wider.

"Nothing" she shrugged still wearing her devil grin.

"Okay? I'll see what I can do tomorrow but I am not promising anything because I told you I will be working again tomorrow"

"That's fine. Just give me a call when you're done"

I nodded and I opened the passenger door. Before walking inside the café', I shot a quick glance at L to see her wearing the same grin.

She's really creeping me out.

"Laters baby!" she shouted and drives away.

I shake my head confused with what just happened.

10 PM ~

I was so tired and I can't even keep my eyes open when I arrived at the apartment. As soon as the door swung open, I plopped down my butt in the couch with my eyes closed. There were a lot of customers at the café' today and I really felt exhausted.

I was really surprised when our manager told us that the café' will be closed for tomorrow due to some private event. It confused the hell out of me because the café' never accepted any private event ever and weekends always has the most people coming in. My brain had a hard time processing the sudden changes on the café'.