chapter 1

edited - sept 9th 2021

Whenever I express my feelings to others, I feel like I am bothering them with my problems. In addition, my dad has suggested I see a therapist. In addition, I know that it's their job to listen to other people talk about their issues, but it's hard to begin talking about your feelings and thoughts, especially if you have no idea how you feel or think! The fact is that I haven't talked about my feelings much since my mom passed away last year which is why my dad wants me to see a therapist, but seriously, you don't expect me to talk about my feelings to someone I have never met. Since mom passed away, dad started working more, he says it's to improve his income, but it's just to keep him busy and not think about her. He has been traveling a lot for work, leaving me with my Uncle Joey for a couple of weeks. At home, he would do paperwork in his office. In spite of the fact that we spend some time together, such as at dinner, and we still do father-daughter nights once a month, I shouldn't complain about his lack of attention to me. Also, I've had a hard year, my mother was my best friend.

She would always know what to say or do no matter what I told her. She comforted me when I had my first heartbreak, telling me that everything would be all right, and I was right about finding someone else. I feel empty now that she isn't here. There's just a hole in my heart, and I know people say it'll get better, but it's been a year and I still feel empty. That might be why my dad suggests I go to therapy. The school year has been normal. The people around me have been supportive, and I could not ask for better friends. Bryan has been nothing but helpful and caring to me. He told me only two months ago that he liked me, and we have been dating ever since. Having him in my life has been the best thing since losing my mom.

 He's coming over tonight to help me study, and after watching a movie or something. I hope he spends the night because I don't want to sleep alone. My dad's gonna be working late again, and normally he just stays in a motel close by his work. It's Saturday afternoon and as usual, I'm home alone. It is a humid day, so I decided to wear the new bikini I bought last week and go sit by the pool in the backyard.

There are black polka dots on a dark blue bikini. I don't know what it is about polka dots but I absolutely love them. Despite not looking pleasant, I was in my backyard so nobody would notice me. My phone was in my hand, so I sat on the beach chair with it. I received two messages after unlocking my phone. Bryan sent one message and Mindy sent the other two. I have been friends with Mindy since kindergarten.

My first check was Bryan's message:*Hey babe, I'm sorry, but I can't come tonight...something has come up. Sorry love, I'll make it up to you ;) let me take you out for dinner tomorrow night around 7*. I wanted to spend time with him tonight, but I guess dinner tomorrow sounds nice.

Yes, dinner tomorrow sounds delicious :) I replied.

Hey Chica! I just saw the hottest guy ever! *I sat next to him on the bus since he was all alone, and he was such a gentleman* 

When I received her message, I burst out laughing. Isn't Mindy Hofstagger typical in that she falls for the first guy she sees? It was the blond guy she saw at the mall last week. Mindy, on the other hand, is a stunning young lady with a stunning body, green eyes, and chestnut hair that contrasts nicely with her light skin. Who, after all, wouldn't fall for her if they saw her?

I replied: * hahaha ooww Mindy, you say that about every guy you meet, and then they aren't that gentle when you sleep with them hahaha: P* While I awaited her response, I decided to go for a swim.

When I first entered the water, it was chilly, but I like it. It's invigorating.

"Eyo Rose, you're back!?"

I hear a familiar voice speaking,

"I'm in the pool!" I said . I raise my voice. I know who he is when I see him in a white shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his strong arms exposed, and black sunglasses on his head.