chapter 2

I stood up and dashed to my room as tears streamed down my cheeks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do! I don't want to be with him for two months. I slid onto my bed and buried my face in my pillow. When my door opens, I see Tyler standing at the foot of the bed.

"Aww, Rose, please don't cry; staying with Ian won't be so bad."

He tries to comfort me by placing his hand on my back.

"No, it won't be a bad idea to stay... It'll be hell to stay with Him! He has a lot of pride, and you know how much I despise people who have a lot of pride. You know him, he can be so annoying at times, and he has no right to act like my father when I'm staying at his house! And you won't be here, so I won't be able to stay at your place when I'm sick of him, and I won't be able to stay at Mindy's because her parents creep me out. Tyler, can't I accompany you to see your mother or something? Please don't do this to me." I know I'm overreacting and acting like a five-year-old, but I just don't like him. I can't put my finger on it, but something about him irritates me to no end.

"I won't be leaving until the summer, which is in a month. So, for the first month that you'll be staying at Ian's, I'll still be here, and I spoke with your father, who said it's fine if you want to come over to my place, but you must notify Ian. So you won't have me around for the next two months, but we can still Face Time or Skype and talk on the phone on a regular basis." He says this in an attempt to reassure me. I exhaled a sigh of relief.

"I suppose you're right."

"Of course, I'm correct, sweetie. Just don't think about it too much, and since you don't know Ian very well, he might end up surprising you ", he teases me and makes me laugh.

"Yeah, like that's ever going to happen." I sigh and roll my eyes. When I look at my phone, it's around 11:30 a.m. I see a message from Bryan and recall that we have plans for tonight; hopefully, the message does not state that he must cancel again.

I opened it and read: * hey baby, I can't wait to see you tonight, I'll be at your house at 7:00. I'll see you soon*

I respond, "Okay, babe, see you later."

Tyler had left my room, but I noticed my balcony door open and him standing there, checking his phone. I open the door slightly wider so that I can go on the balcony.

"I forgot I had a date with Bryan tonight at 7 p.m.; he just texted me to remind me. But I'm not sure what to wear; would you like to go shopping with me, or are you too busy?" I inquire, trying to keep my hair out of my face because it's a little windy.

"I'm sorry, babe, but I can't because I have some things to do today."

"All right, I'll ask Mindy then."

"OK, sweet cheeks, I'll see you later, and have fun on your date tonight, Rosy."

He kisses me on the cheek and walks away. My gaze is drawn to the breathtaking view from my balcony. With the amazing skyline, you can see the beautiful blue sea and its white sand. It's so intriguing that it never gets old. Like some things, you can get tired of seeing them because they are the same old thing every time, but with this amazing view, every sunrise or sunset is unique, and it is never the same. As the wind picks up, I go back inside and grab my phone to message Mindy and ask her if she wants to go shopping. I make my bed and decide to go find my father and tell him that it's fine that I'm staying with Ian and that he shouldn't worry. I go downstairs and find him reading papers in the living room.

"Hey, do you have a minute?" Sitting next to him on a chair.

"Yeah, what's going on, kiddo?" He puts down his work and turns his full attention to me.