Aerial attack | Chapter 9

(Art is NOT mine, made by Lindsey Wakefield)

The next day...

"You guys really think these chips are linked to the Digimon attacks?" Erik asks, inspecting the chip. Taeka, Lily, and their Digimon were also with Erik, and they were all walking in the park to a location they were all supposed to meet up in.

"It makes the most sense." Lopmon said. "Why else would they be attacking people and buildings like that?"

"Yeah, and they all look like they have an evil look in their eyes..." Labramon adds. "And trust me, I know an evil Digimon when I see one!"

Dracomon was silent, and seemed to be in rather deep thought. "Hey buddy, you alright?" Taeka asks.

"Oh, uh, yeah, I think so." Dracomon responds. "I just keep thinking about that attack I used yesterday."

"Oh yeah, it was called Fire Blast, right?" Taeka asks. "That attack was super awesome!" Dracomon thinks for a moment. "Yeah, but...I didn't even know I could use that attack! Or atleast, I didn't know Coredramon could use it." Taeka goes silent for a moment. "Well, I'd just think of it as a miracle then." Dracomon thinks about this for a moment. Soon, a smile starts to form on his face.

"Heh, yeah, I guess so."

"Hey guys! Over here!" Cora calls to them from behind some trees, where Blaine, Ryudamon and BlackGabumon were also waiting. They all sit down on the ground next to them.

"You wanted to call us here to talk about the chips, right?" Cora asks. "Cause I brought the chip I found a few days ago..." Cora pulls out the chip from her cupped hands, and it looked just like the other chip, but with a slightly different shape. Everyone all gathered around her, looking at both the chips.

"Woah, they pretty much look the same..." Blaine says. "That came out of a Digimon you fought?"

"Yeah, I think it did..." Cora says.

"Hmmmmm..." Taeka tries to think for a moment. "Me and Erik were talking, and we think these chips are the reason behind the Digimon attacking. Or I guess, it's the reason why they're so aggressive?"

"That would make the most sense." Lopmon adds. "I've never seen any other Digimon that have those in their bodies, plus all the Digimon we've fought seem to be particularly aggressive and...Evil."

"That would explain why I feel such an evil power coming from them..." BlackGabumon quietly whimpers.

"That definitely would make the most sense..." Ryudamon adds. "But it makes me wonder...How'd they get inside the Digimon? And how'd they even end up in the human world anyways?"

"Well...How'd you guys get here?" Blaine asks. Ryudamon puts his hand to his chin, thinking. "It's weird, I only just got here recently, but I barely remember... But I think I got here through some kind of portal? I don't know where or how the portal appeared though."

"I think something similar happened to me." Lopmon says. "I remember seeing a portal come out of nowhere."

"Hey, I think that happened to me too!" Labramon excitedly adds.

"So did we all go through portals then?" Dracomon asks. "Seems like it." BlackGabumon adds. "I barely remember much when I'm Tsumemon, but I'm sure the same happened to me."

"That's interesting..." Erik rubs his chin, thinking. "You guys think the other Digimon got here that way, too, or does it have something to do with those chips?"

"I'm sure it's probably the chips..." Taeka says, staring at the ground intently. "Makes me wonder if all the other Digimon we've fought have also had chips in them..."