Time for a break | Chapter 10

(Art is NOT mine, made by VanillatheNeko on Deviantart)
Many weeks later... (I'd recommend skipping to the "later that day" part because this chapter is pretty boring lol)

A lot of time has passed since the Airdramon fights. Of course, the kids and their Digimon continued to fight and defeat more and more bad Digimon. A lot more Digimon seemed to be appearing then normal, often more then 2 or 3 at a time, but no matter what, they always defeated them, their Digimon becoming better fighters, as well as everyone becoming closer in the process. During each fight, they tried to pay attention to whether or not the dark chips would pop out of the Digimon or not. For the most part, the bad Digimon nearly always had a chip pop out of them, although there was a few rare moments where a Digimon simply had no chip. Despite collecting so many chips, they were getting nowhere as to solving the mystery of why evil Digimon were attacking in the first place.

Now, all the kids were locked in battle with another Digimon, ready to defeat it.

'Monochromon- Champion level- Dinosaur type. A rhinoceros-like Digimon with a normally docile personality, unless angered. Mainly attacks with its tusks, or with a powerful flame attack, Volcanic Strike.'

"Tell us right now!! Why are you attacking the human world?!" Coredramon growls at the Monochromon, grasping the Digimon tightly to hold him down. "Is someone ordering you to do this?!"

"GRRRR....I'LL NEVER TELL!!" Monochromon growls, trying to wriggle out of Coredramons grip. "DISGUSTING...HUMANS...I'LL DESTROY THEM ALL!! RAAAAGHH!!" Monochromon starts violently thrashing about, Coredramon near close to losing his grip.

"Ugh, this is pointless." Blaine grumbles. "Let's just finish him, Ginryumon!" Ginryumon nods. "Alright, then, lets all attack him at once! Coredramon, keep him steady!" Coredramon nods, tightening his grip on the violent Digimon.

"PIERCING BLADES!!"

"SUN'S COURAGE!!"

"STICKER BLADE!!"

GAUNTLET CLAW!!" Everyone attacks Monochromon at the same time, instantly turning him to dust. "WOO!! Good job, everyone!" Taeka cheers.

"So, did he have a dark chip in him, too?" Erik asks. Turuiemon hops over to Erik, handing him a chip. "Yup, sure did." Everyone looks at the chip closely. "Geez, we have enough of these to open up a shop if we wanted to..." Blaine says sarcastically.

"Yet we still don't know where all these Digimon are coming from...Or why they're attacking." Cora says quietly. They all become a little silent, trying to think.

"Aw come on, guys! We can find out next time, right?" Taeka smiles, trying to cheer everyone up, but they don't seem to react much.

"I don't know, it's been such a while, but... We still haven't found any information..." Erik says, crossing his arms.

"I guess next time...We can try..." Cora mumbles. All the Digimon then revert back to their rookie forms. "Come on, Gabumon, we should probably go home now..." Everyone starts to walk in different directions. "W-Wait, I..." Taeka mumbles, trying to find the right words to say, but starts to trail off. She looks at Dracomon, Lopmon, then at Lily. "Lily, you believe in me, right?" Lily tries to think hard. "Um...I think so?"