Palmon's village | Chapter 17

A day later...
Erik finally explained to the group why he and Lily decided to knock down the tower, explaining its connection to the Dark King, and trying to figure out its purpose. Everyone in the group completely understood, agreeing to head to Palmon's town to figure out the purpose of the towers.
Now, the group walked along a dirt road in an open field, chatting about the towers.
"Yeah it makes sense, the Dark King must be building them for some reason." Blaine says.
"Yeah, and even if we don't find out their purposes, they'll atleast be able to lead us to the King." Cora says.
"So either way, these towers will be able to benefit us somehow." Erik says.
"Well I'm glad we found these things, it finally gives us something to do!" Taeka says.
"Yeah, and then we'll eventually be able to find the Dark King and kick his butt!" Dracomon adds excitedly, pounding his fists into eachother.
"Yeah, and maybe whatever Digimon is inside this egg could help us!" Lily says, staring intently at the egg in her grasp.
"Whatever Digimon is inside that egg is still going to be just a baby, though..." Lopmon says. "...But it could be possible." Lily smiles down at the egg, rubbing it soothingly.
"Hey, look!" BlackGabumon points to something far away. When everyone squints their eyes, they see...Another tower in the distance. And they could also see a village coming into view, with tall wooden walls surrounding some small wooden houses.
"Yes!! Another tower!" Taeka hurriedly sprints over to the village, racing ahead of everyone.
"Taeka, wait!" Erik calls, running to catch up to her. "You don't know if-" Erik and the others quickly halted to a stop, noticing that Taeka stopped running when she reached the village entrance.

'Ponchomon: Champion level, Virus. Said to be a Togemon that died from unknown circumstances, and was revived. Main attack is Tequila Knuckle, an explosive punch that disorients the enemy.'

'Togemon: Champion level, Data

'Togemon: Champion level, Data. Cactus-like plant Digimon with strong punches and sharp needles covering its body. Main attack is Needle Spray, where it shoots the needles on its body at the enemy.'

Two cactus looking Digimon turned around to face everyone, creepily blank looks on their faces.
"Uh..." Taeka mumbles, awkwardly trying to back away.
"Woah woah, look at this!" Ponchomon says in a silly yet creepy voice. "Looks like we got some intruders here in our village!"
"This isn't your village!" Taeka says angrily. "We know the Dark King took this place over and we're here to take it back from you stupid looking trees!!"
"Taeka, shut it, you're just going to make them angrier!" Blaine hisses under his breath. Ponchomon ignores them, turning to look at Togemon.
"Hey Togemon, whaddya think we should do about them?" Togemon steps forward, pounding their fists into eachother. "Don't worry...I'll take care of this trash!" Togemon says.
"Uh, I think we should..." Ryudamon mumbles, cautiously looking around. Everyone stood their guard, noticing that Togemon was preparing an attack.
"...RUN!!"
"NEEDLE SPRAY!!" Togemon blasts all the needles on his body! Everyone quickly runs and ducks behind some nearby crates before they get him.
"There's only two of them, why didn't we just attack?!" Taeka asks, annoyed.
"I don't know, would you rather have gotten impaled by those needles?!" Ryudamon responds sarcastically.
"Where did they go!?" Togemon angrily yells. "I'LL GET THEM!! NEEDLE SPRAY!! NEEDLE SPRAY!!" Togemon mindlessly sprays his needles again, the needles flying all around the crates.
"We can't go out there now, we'll all get impaled..." Erik says, worried. Everyone looks around, trying to figure out what to do.
"Hey look, I think those are humans!" Everyone suddenly hears a hushed voice from a nearby corner. Everyone looks around, trying to find the source of the voice.
"Yeah, I haven't seen people in forever!" Another voice says. "And they have other Digimon with them, they must be..." Two heads then pop out from behind a building, revealing the source of the voices.