Metal Empire | Chapter 21

Some days had passed by since the whole event with Gargoylemon, and the group was now heading towards the Metal Empire, thanks to a map that Kokuwamon wrote out for them. Everyone knew they were getting close to the empire by now so they kept an eye out, except for Taeka who was still upset from the situation, walking behind the others slowly and quietly, holding onto Babydmon.
"Kokuwamon said he had a friend there..." Erik says. "Said the Digimon's name was Commandramon..."
"We'll have to be careful, though..." Blaine adds. "Kokuwamon said Vademon used to lead that place, and now they're pretty on edge ever since we...You know..."
"Yeah...We might have to find a way to sneak in there instead..." Erik and Blaine continued talking, while Cora and Lily had their own conversation.
"So, you really think that's what Lopmon's new armor Digivolution could look like?" Cora asks, chuckling.
"Yeah! It'd be like a cool version of Antylamon, but she has wings and can shoot lasers! Pew pew!" Lily giggles as she makes finger guns with her hands.
"I'll take any new kind of armor Digivolution as long as it helps us defeat the Dark King." Lopmon says.
"Well, no matter what kind of new Digivolution we find, I'm sure it'll be great." Cora says, smiling.
"Zeri! Zeri!" A high pitched peeping noise comes from Lily's backpack, and she zips it open as Zerimon pops his head out.
"Aw, are you done with your nap little guy?" Lily scoops up the baby Digimon, placing him on her shoulder."
"Wow, I almost forgot we had that little guy with us." Cora says. "Wait a minute...How long has he been napping for?"
"I think since before we went to the Bakemon house? He takes pretty long naps..."
'...Yeesh...' Cora thinks to herself. 'Wish I could take naps for that long.'
"Uh...Guys?" Blaine points faraway. "I can't be the only one who sees that..." Sure enough, everyone easily saw what Blaine was talking about.
There was a massive city-like area atop the hill they were walking on. It was huge, spanning over tons of miles, and it resembled a massive power plant, but with steel buildings scraping the sky. The giant empire also had towering steel walls that surrounded the entire area.
"Wow...They don't call it an empire for nothing." Cora says, in awe.
"How the heck do we even get in there? I don't even see an entrance..." Blaine says, his eyes scanning the steel walls.
"Only way to find out is to get closer." Erik says as the group cautiously makes their way up the hill, walking up to the steel walls. Everyone looks the walls up and down, but see no sign of an entrance.
"GRENADE DESTROYER!!" Suddenly two missiles blast from behind them, hitting the ground next to everyone. The group turns around to see a robotic Digimon, with one arm outstretched.

 The group turns around to see a robotic Digimon, with one arm outstretched

'Guardromon: Champion level, Virus. Machine Digimon that protects the computer network's defense wall. Main attack is Grenade Destroyer, where it blasts missiles from its arms.'
"...Intruders detected. You have 10 seconds to retreat before you are obliterated." Guardromon aims both his arms, ready to attack.
"Um..."
"10...9..."
"Woah woah, hey, calm down buddy!" Cora defensively says. "We're not here to fight, we just want to-"
"7...6..."
"Are those...Humans?" Another robotic voice chimes in, revealing himself.

Humans?" Another robotic voice chimes in, revealing himself