Gargoylemon's fury | Chapter 20

(Taeka cover art is NOT mine, made by Princessdogdragon on Deviantart!!)
"WOO, this is awesome!!" Taeka cheered, finally seeing Dracomon's brand new armor Digivolution, Gargoylemon. However, Gargoylemon looked a bit...Off. His hands were slightly trembling, similarly to the egg, and he stood atop the stair's railing...Not moving an inch.
"...Uhh, Gargoylemon? You ok?" Taeka cocked her head, looking a bit concerned. Gargoylemon didn't respond, not moving an inch.
"You really think the silent treatments gonna scare me?!" Boogiemon growls, his face twisting into anger. "RUBY EYE!!" Boogiemon shoots red lasers from its eyes at Gargoylemon...
But he swipes the attack effortlessly away with one hand, barely moving an inch.
"Wh-Wha?! Well, there's more where that came from! RUBY EYE!! RUBY EYE!!" Despite being taken aback by Gargoylemon, Boogiemon still fires multiple attacks at him, but the silent Digimon continues to brush off the attacks like they're nothing.
"Why's Gargoylemon...Acting so weird?" Lily worriedly asks, clinging to Lopmon.
After Gargoylemon swipes away a few more attacks he turns his head very robotically towards Boogiemon, baring razor sharp teeth.
"...Uh, I still ain't scared! RUBY E-"
"FREEZING WING!!" In a flash, Gargoylemon fires sharp icy stones from its wings, piercing right through Boogiemon and nailing him to the wall. Gargoylemon then hops down from the stairs with a thud, slowly walking up to Boogiemon...Then procedes to wrap both his hands around Boogiemon's neck, intensely strangling him. Everyone, including the group of Bakemon, could do nothing but watch in horror.
"Hgk...I'm...Still not...Afraid..." Boogiemon weakly chokes out one last insult before Gargoylemon raises one hand, preparing an attack.
"...Oh god."
"GARGOYLE FIST!!" Gargoylemon's fist turns into a stone hammer that crushes right through Boogiemon's head, instantly poofing him to dust. All the Bakemon then blink in confusion, finally being freed from Boogiemon's control.
"...Um, Gargoylemon? Boogiemon's gone, you can, uh, dedigivolve now..." Taeka worriedly says. Gargoylemon responds with silence, slowly turning its head towards the group. Everyone steps back nervously as Gargoylemon stands there menacingly.
"Gargoylemon, what's wrong with you?! You're freaking me out buddy!" Gargoylemon still doesn't respond to Taeka's pleads of worry, rather turning it's head toward the ceiling.
"...FREEZING WING!!" Gargoylemon fires at the ceiling, effortlessly cracking a hole...Then proceeding to fly away.
"Gargoylemon, come back!" Taeka tries to shout for the Digimon, but receives no response.
"...Wait, was that supposed to be Dracomon?" Blaine asks in confusion.
"Well, yeah, but...I don't know why he's acting like this." Taeka mutters.
"Soulmon said that egg was really powerful...Maybe he's having a hard time controlling that power?" Erik says.
"Oh no..." Taeka looks up at the hole in the ceiling, her thoughts being filled with worry.
"...We have to find him."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"So, where'd FlameWizardmon go to? He head back to the King's castle?" Mikemon asks to his twin as the two of them tread through the edge of the woods.
"Nah, he went to go find his brothers." The other Mikemon responds. "Dark King said we needed backup or something."
"...I still can't believe the Dark King's actually just a human kid." Mikemon says, in disbelief. "I thought I heard rumors about the King being a bit different then you'd expect him to be, but I wasn't expecting anything like that."
"Yeah, me too. The kids kind've an ass too, but sucking up to him atleast prevents him from shoving one of those dark chips in us." The other Mikemon says.
"True, but...Those other kids are pretty powerful, who knows how long it could be before they defeat the King."

"Yeah, you're definitely right, we can't underestimate those kids...They must've been the ones who took down Vademon, so they're definitely tough."

"Must be, I can't see why else Vademon never returned from their world."

"Eh, I'm not too disappointed about him being gone. FlameWizardmon never trusted that big brained weirdo anyways."

"Yeah, but his big army of robotic freaks aren't going to be very happy when they find out."
"Let them be mad, it's not like they'll do much about it...They'll probably just pout and try to kill those kids or something." Silence forms over both the Mikemon for a moment as they continue treading through the woods, thinking.
"...Hey, Mikemon? You think when all this is done, we could go back to training with FlameWizardmon? I'd love to see if we could try and learn that one move again..." The other Mikemon turned around, thinking...Before a smile formed on his face.
"Yeah, I'd like that."
"Gargoylemon, WHERE ARE YOU?!" In the distance, the Mikemon hear Taeka and the others calling out.
"Hide!" The Mikemon duck into the bushes as the group runs by, everyone calling out for Gargoylemon. They stay hidden until they hear the groups voices disappear into the distance.
"...What was that about?" Mikemon asks, poking their head out of the bushes.
"I have no idea, but they sounded pretty upset..." The two scratched their chins for a moment, thinking.
"Should we go follow them?"
"...Yeah."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Agh, how could he have flown off so fast?!" Taeka angrily ruffles her hair as her and the others hurriedly walk through the woods, still seeing no sign of Gargoylemon.
"Look, Taeka, I hate to say this, but..." Erik interrupts, his voice serious. "You saw how Gargoylemon acted around us...It was like he didn't know who we were or cared if we got hurt...And, well, if he acts like that again, we'll have to make sure nothing happens to any of us..."
"...Erik, what exactly are you saying?" Taeka asks.
"Are you saying we might have to fight Gargoylemon?" Labramon asks.
"What?! No, we're can't hurt Dracomon!" Taeka objects to the idea, sounding clearly upset. "I'm not gonna let him get hurt over something that's my responsibility..."
"He's got a point though..." Lopmon adds. "Digimon only dedigivolve through two ways: By either tiring themselves out or by getting defeated in a battle. It's not like we have to delete his data or anything, we just have to tire him out enough to make him dedigivolve back to Dracomon..."
"No no no, we're not doing that!!" Taeka's voice cracks for a moment, trying her best to keep it together. "There's gotta be another way to have him dedigivolve...I mean, look, he's been out here for a while now, so maybe he already tired himself out by now and dedigivolved?"
"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!" A high pitched scream suddenly cuts through the air, and it sounded surprisingly close.
"...Oh no..." Everyone runs towards the sound of the scream, only to reach a clearing in the woods with a small village...
...With Gargoylemon there, who was standing menacingly in front of two Digimon.