Frogmon Vs. the Ninjamon | Chapter 18

"Man, Digidestined...The word just sounds so cool, doesn't it?" Taeka says, happily marching down the path.
"Sure does...Man, I can't wait to see that new Digi-egg!" Cora says happily. "I hope we'll be able to use it, BlackGabumon..."
"Yeah, me too! I wonder what kind of Digimon I could turn into..." BlackGabumon says, thinking.
"Well, whatever Digimon you turn into, I'm sure it'll be great!" Cora and BlackGabumon continued chatting while walking down the path, everyone else doing their own thing; Lily tended to the new baby Zerimon, while Blaine and Erik were looking at a map that Gabumon and Palmon drew for them.
"...I can barely understand the map he drew." Blaine mutters, looking at the squiggly lines drawn out.
"Well, atleast Palmon's handwriting looks nice." Erik says. Erik then starts tracing his finger along the route they were walking on, leading to a drawing of a small town.
"Gekomon Village...It's nearby the forest that Gabumon says the egg is in... So I think we can stay there for the night, and take down another tower if there's one built there..."
"Then tomorrow we can look for the egg!" Labramon says.
"That sounds alright." Blaine says.
"Cool, I'll go tell Taeka then." Erik folds up the map, him and Labramon walking ahead of Blaine. Blaine crosses his arms, thinking.
"Looks like you're thinking about something..." Ryudamon says. "What's up?" Blaine was silent for a moment before answering.
"I don't know, it's just...I don't really understand the point of those Digi-eggs...Wouldn't it just be easier to figure out how to Digivolve normally again?" Ryudamon was silent for a moment, trying to think of an answer.
"Maybe, but...We've been in the Digital World for a few days now and we've still haven't figured out regular Digivolution..." Ryudamon says. "There might be something in the air that straight up prevents regular Digivolution, and if armor Digivolution can bypass that, then it might just be stronger then we think..."
"That sounds true, but...Ultimate Digivolution seems a lot stronger then armor Digivolution, and if the Dark King is as powerful as he sounds, then we might just need a way to bypass whatever restrictions there are..." Blaine says.
"...Well, let us know if you figure it out." Ryudamon responds.
"...I will."
"Hey Erik, is that the village that's on the map?" Taeka blurts out, pointing to a faraway village.
"...Cause I see another tower built there." Sure enough, everyone could see the tall, dark tower pointing high in the sky.
"...Let's be cautious, guys. We don't wanna run into trouble again." Erik says.
"Aghhh, that's so boring..." Taeka grumbles.
"...But you're right."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Come on guys, it's the perfect plan!" Kogamon boasts. "If me and the Ninjamon attack them in the middle of the village, they'll be super caught off guard!"
"Yes, but we already chipped those Gekomon and hid them for a sneak attack..." One Mikemon says.
"Exactly, so what would be the point in that if we already planned something?" The other Mikemon says, rolling his eyes. "Besides, I doubt FlameWizardmon would be ok with it."
"...I'm fine with it." A deep voice cuts through the conversation, revealing himself from the dark bushes.

" A deep voice cuts through the conversation, revealing himself from the dark bushes

"What? Seriously?!" Mikemon blinks in confusion.
"Yes! We're totally gonna slice up those Digidestined, we'll see!" Kogamon excitedly runs away through the bushes.
"FlameWizardmon, why'd you agree to his stupid plan?" Mikemon asks.
"...Doesn't hurt to let him try. He can hurt or destroy any of those kids without us having to do anything, and besides...
No matter who wins or loses, we'll be taking out the trash." FlameWizardmon smirks, both the Mikemon chuckling.
"Haha...You're so right."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone had carefully walked up to the Gekomon village, but it was...Surprisingly empty. Not a single Digimon, bad or good, roamed around outside. Everyone decided to split up in single groups and look around the town for any signs of Digimon.
"This is strange..." Blaine says. "Where are all the Digimon?"
"I don't know, but it sure is odd..." Ryudamon adds. The two continue walking around the village for a while, but still see no signs of other Digimon. It was eerily quiet...
"...Hey Blaine, can I ask you something?" Blaine looks back at Ryudamon curiously. "I want you to be honest about this question...How exactly do you feel about armor Digivolution? Cause I notice that you don't seem as excited about it as the others do."
"I already told you how I feel about it earlier." Blaine says, not hesitating to answer. "I'm not a fan and I'd rather use regular Digivolution."
"Well yeesh, alright then." Ryudamon huffs.
"I mean come on, what's the point to it? Armor Digivolution isn't much better then your champion forms...I mean look at Frogmon, he's barely much bigger then your rookie form, and I doubt he's more powerful then Ginryumon, or whatever your ultimate form is..." Blaine rants. "I mean to me, he just looks like a dumb looking frog."
"Dumb?" Ryudamon was taken aback by Blaine's sudden insult. "Blaine, do you ever think before you say rude stuff like that?"
"What does it matter? I'm just saying what's on my mind." Blaine straightly says.
"Well, you need to learn to judge a book by its cover...Frogmon may be small, but he's very agile, and pretty practical. Frogmons also got plenty of helpful gear on him, as well as being able to fly...And all that gear makes for a pretty wide range of-" Ryudamon quickly froze when he looked around a corner, hearing some hushed voices nearby.
"...Blaine?" Blaine turned around, seeing Ryudamon motioning for Blaine to walk over, but to also be quiet. When the two carefully looked around the corner...