Chapter One

Running. I'm running for my life with no where to go. No destination in mind, but just running. I hear him. I hear his loud running footsteps right behind me and it's when I feel him catch up to me that I begin to panic. I already have a hard time catching my breath, and it's when I feel his hands wrap around my neck that I know this is it. I should give up. But, I can't. I won't. How did I get here? Let me start from the beginning. My name is Rebecca Donelli. I was an innocent twenty year old girl when I met him. Living on my own, with independence and dignity, I found myself consumed with literature and writing. My dream was to become an author. I moved to the city straight out of my first year of college, and never looked back. It was on a late summer night when I went to meet Carlee, my best-friend, at our usual diner. Chatting about life, and eating fries, I saw him come in. His tall muscular build was nothing compared to his hazel eyes. His eyes wrapped me into a story I couldn't turn away from. His chestnut brown hair and jawline matched all so well with his enchanting eyes. Little did I know, the eyes that once fascinated me so much, would soon haunt my every thought. It didn't happen right away. For so long, I had distanced myself from everyone besides My best-friend. Even my own parents wanted nothing to do with me. I was young and naive, but tame and serious. I wasn't open to being in a relationship, especially at a time where I was getting my career started. But, something drew me to him. Something I had never felt. A law of attraction I wasn't going to break. So, I put on an act of carelessness. I acted as if I hadn't noticed him. I turned my face away and focused on a French fry. Putting it to my mouth and biting, I knew what I was doing, but he hadn't noticed me. He walked out quickly after ordering and receiving his food. He had become a mystery to me in such little time, and I always loved solving mysteries. Yet the underlying truth of why he had left  so quick that night, and the mystery behind his eyes, is something I only wish I hadn't unraveled. The night went by fast with Carlee, as every time I'm with her having fun, it always has. I was to young to know what I actually wanted to pursue with my life. I had so many passions, so many dreams. I loved writing and reading, but on another hand, I loved detective work. I had always wondered what being a detective or profiler would be like. From a young age, Putting Puzzle pieces together, and solving problems was something I enjoyed. Growing up, my favorite shows included the police force and murder, which was odd since I was such a bright kid. So the ongoing battle with myself of which career I should fully pursue, was constant. But as of the year 2015, as a young woman, I was working at Mac Cosmetics, trying my best to make customers happy with there eyeshadow looks. It wasn't a fulfilling job, but it paid the rent of my studio apartment and helped me put food on the table. But stepping into work the Monday Morning after my first look at The sexy officer, I didn't expect what would come.