Chapter Thirty One

Showing up to the station, the entire building has graffiti on it. Walking in, it's much worse than some writing. There's knifes and guns spread across the table, electronics destroyed, this place has been turned upside down. People are mad and in support of Daniel. Stepping outside again, I see the protestors. They haven't given up on sending a message. On a better hand, we can now make arrests. Chief, my co-workers and I step outside with over a dozen handcuffs. "Everyone here is now under arrest for the invasion of police property, and destruction of property." We all make 34 arrests and by the time we're done, the news anchors are surrounding us, bombarding us with questions. "No comment. No comment on any of it!" Chief yells. Although the station has been torn apart, I'm satisfied with the progress we've made. Getting everything in order, we see that every important document stored away, hasn't been touched. The idiotic scumbags haven't taken anything valuable. Cleaning up everything, I pull Chief aside and ask him if tonight I could host a before-holiday dinner. I explain to him that I don't have my own apartment, so it would be hard to host in a small hotel room. He says it would be nice to have some company for once. Making the announcement I ask everyone what there favorite food is. I hear, "Turkey!" "Ham!" "Potatoes!" "Beets!" I laugh at the shouting of food. "Alright. Alright. I'll make it all. Everyone meet me at chief's house tonight at 6. We deserve a good meal together!" I say.
Getting to the hotel, I tell Derek that we'll be going to chief's to cook together in an hour. He agrees, but says that he can barely cook. I assure him that I'll make the meal myself if I have to. I remember the days Carlee would come over and we would have a cooking competition for my dad to judge. It was the best, and in the end, we would always tie. Derek drives me to the store and I pick up a feast. The table will be filled with Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Macaroni and Cheese, Beets, and Biscuits.
Arriving at Chief's house, he's surprised by all the food I've brought. "I told you we were going big!" I smile. "It's nice that you offered to do this for us, thank you." "You're welcome." Preparing the meal, I'm disgusted that I have to shove my hand up a turkeys ass. Derek laughs, and offers to help, but I reject him. If I want this meal prepared right, I'll do it myself. After getting everything ready to cook, I begin my seasoning. Chief puts Frank Sinatra on and I sway my hips to the music. Derek gets behind me and grabs my waist, putting himself closer to me. "You look so sexy right now." He says. I smile and he kisses my neck, sweetly. "Ahh, Young Love." Chief says. "I remember that with Iris. When we met we were only seventeen." He smiles at the reminiscing. "Come on, get up and help me cook." He comes over and gets the ham together. Putting everything in the oven, I remember that I forgot the dessert. "Chief, would you mind picking up some dessert?" "I'm forced out of my own house now?" He says, seriously. "No, no Derek could get it I'm sure he doesn't mind if" Before I finish my sentence, Chief laughs. "I'll pick up a few cakes and pie." "Thank you. We'll make sure we don't make a mess." Derek says.
A few hours later...
Everything is set on the table and company has start arriving. Peter brought a bottle of wine, a guest, and everyone else came empty handed. It's okay though, this meal is dedicated to them. "I hope you enjoy everything here, eat up!" I say. "Iris used to burn the turkey every single year for thanksgiving, so we'd always wind up ordering takeout. She could of learned a thing or two from you Rebecca." I laugh. "Thank you for the compliment. I'm sure it was you who distracted her from the cooking anyway." "I certainly did." He winks. "Peter, who is the lovely woman you brought?" I ask. "I'm Danielle, it's nice to meet you." She answers for herself. "Danielle, nice to meet you! How did you two meet?" I ask. "We met a few months ago, and he never called me back. I guess you took up most of his time." She says, in a passive aggressive tone. "Danielle, meet my boyfriend, Derek." I introduce them to show I have no romantic connection to Peter anymore. "Derek, what a nice name. How did you two meet?" She says, giving him heart eyes. "We met in college. She was to good for me then, and she's to good for me now, but somehow I got her to be mine." He smirks, kissing me on the cheek. Haha bitch, he's mine. "Your accent, where is it from?" "He's from Australia." I answer for him. "Did I ask you?" Danielle says, like the bitch she is. "No, but I decided to answer. Is there a problem with that?" I say, standing up. Derek puts his hand on mine. "No there isn't." Peter responds for her. I sit down, and adjust my outfit. Putting a biscuit on my plate, she mumbles something under her breath. I stand up once again, more aggressively saying, "Seriously, is there a fucking problem? Because I know all of these people, you're new here. So you can eat the food I made and shut up, or get up and leave." Peter gets up and says, "This has been great, happy holidays, I think we should leave." "Ya think." I sarcastically smile. I hug Pete goodbye and give the cold shoulder to Danielle. I truly don't know who she thinks she is. Sitting back down, I laugh and say, "well that was eventful. How's the food?" "Great." Everyone says at the same time, clearly intimated. "You're hot when your all fired up." Derek whispers into my ear. "She was trying to flirt with you." "I don't want her. I have you." He reassures me. After the dinner, I serve the dessert. After eating all the goods, we say goodbye and part ways. Getting home, Derek and I begin to pack for vacation. Finally, we get a break.

But don't worry, the horrific events that would take place when we got back would make up for the few days we had off.