Chapter Forty Three

"Please. Please let him go. Take me, kill me!" Jayden yells. I can't bear to watch this. He's losing the love of his life. Just like I did. But, just like old times, they hold my eyelids open. They're torturing me- every single one of them. They're eating him and shoving his body parts down Jayden, the man he loves, mouth. Jayden tries to move and kick, but I yell at him, "There's nothing you can do. Nothing, so stop. Please stop, or else you'll get yourself killed." I warn him. He releases his tears and nods. I know he trusts me, and I can get us both out of this. But I can't stop his boyfriend from dying. He has to see this. "I'm so sorry." I whisper. "Don't be." Peter says, coming behind me and opening my eyelids. I'm reliving the past, he's going to make me watch. So I watch. I watch his boyfriend be torn apart. I watch his boyfriend be eaten and spit out. I watch his boyfriend be sexually harassed, and violated over and over again. But the worst thing of it all, is I have to watch Jayden fall apart right before my eyes. His world is ruined. He's watching the love of his life die and he feels helpless. I'm numb to a lot of it. I've seen it so much, and although I'll never get used to it, I feel more for the person who has to live through it. Jayden did nothing to be here. He doesn't deserve any of this. Again, mainly my fault. His boyfriend's guts are being ripped out, his eyes are literally being torn out of his face. This is unlike anything Jayden's ever seen. It's so sad. Jayden was just trying to help me, save me. Everything leads back to me. Holy shit, it's finally hit me. Every single thing leads back to me. Literally. My father, made a trade and deal with the devil. Everything that has happened, has happened because of me. So I want to give myself up. I know they plan to kill Jayden, and I won't let that happen. "I'll hold my breath." I say. "What?" Everyone asks. "If you don't let Jayden go, I'll hold my breath and kill myself, and your baby." Everyone looks shocked at my statement. "No Rebecca!" Jayden shouts. "You're innocent through all of this. Let me save you this time." I insist. "Enough with the pity party." Peter says. "If you don't let Jayden go, I will kill myself. Let him go, now." "Do what the girl says." Alan suggests. Peter nods, and let's him go. Jayden attempts to say goodbye to his boyfriend, but I scream at him, telling him to run. He does as I say, and leaves. I saved him.
Now it's time to save myself.