Chapter Thirty Two

Walking into Connecticut's Airport, I'm ready for Christmas. I'm ready to be with the man I love. These past Christmases since I've started the case has been overwhelming with fear. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, even when I spent it alone. When we get to the hotel room, I'm exhausted. I lay down with Derek beside me and smile. "Thank you." I say. "For what?" He asks. "For saving me. From everything." I say. "I didn't save you. You saved yourself and took me along with you." He says, kissing me. "No time for sleep, let's go get a tree." I say, excited. We drive to an outdoor store, and look around for a while. Finding a 5ft tall tree, with wide branches, it's perfect. We decide on that one and the next stop is the Christmas Decor store.
Finally getting back to the hotel, we have everything we need. Lights, Ornaments, Candy Canes, Stockings, Gingerbread Houses, Sugar Cookies, and Poinsettia Flowers light up the room. We put Dean Martin's Christmas songs on and decorate the tree. I sway my hips back and forth, and dance to the music. After decorating the tree, Derek lifts me up and I put the star on top. It's comical how much taller he is than me. After putting everything up, Derek and I decide to have a gingerbread house making competition. I make mine pretty, and Derek manages to mess up the icing on the top, so his falls apart. I laugh at his doing, and tell him he could help make mine. I move over to his seat, and sit in between his legs. He leans over me and puts candy on it. Adjusting my ass to hit his bulge, he begins to kiss my neck. I continue decorating the gingerbread house, and he continues to arouse me. "Two days." I say. "You started it." He says. I throw icing onto his face and it begins a food fight. He takes the candy and throws it at my nose. "Hey!" I say, getting up. "Now it's really on!" I take icing and pour it on his hair. He continues to use the candy as a weapon, and I do the same with icing. When we run out of product, we realize we can't make the gingerbread house anymore. We both laugh at the irony of acting as kids, and go get changed into our bathing suits. It's cold here, but the hot tub can heat us up. Putting on an innocent white two piece, Derek's eyes tell me it's not so innocent at all. He licks his lips and undresses me with his eyes. He doesn't look so bad himself, with his black boxers wrapped around his lean body. He didn't anticipate going into a hot tub, but I prefer him in his underwear anyway. We take a bottle of champagne and two glasses outside with us, and get into the hot tub. It's steamy and relaxing. He pours me champagne and I take a sweet sip. Getting in front of him, I wrap my legs around his torso and bring myself closer to him. Our wet bodies on one another is enough to get me hot. I bring my hand to his bulge, and massage the outside of his boxers. "I thought we were waiting." He says. "We are." "You just love to tease me, don't you?" He says, putting his head back. "Yes, I do." I say, massaging faster. He lifts me up and leans me on the jacuzzi. He gives me a wicked smirk and sticks his hands down my bathing suit bottoms. I moan under his touch and he rubs himself  against my leg. "You're not the only one who could be a tease." I reach into his boxers and feel his hardness. "Say that again." I beg. With his lips moving against my skin, and my hand feeling his cock, my legs begin to shake and I lose my grip. A soft moan escapes my lips and he moves his hand, rubbing my clit. "What" I say, when he moves me closer to the jets. He flips me over and I bend my ass to his crotch. The jets vibrate against me and his fingers along with the vibrating sends me screaming. After our orgasming, we head inside. We get changed into our pajamas and I put The Holiday on. Derek thinks it's ridiculous, because an exchange of houses for the holidays would "never happen in real life." But I disagree. "I used to cook Christmas dinner with my mom, and always mess it up." "The food! How could I forget?" I say. "What?" He asks. "We forgot food! What are we going to eat for Christmas dinner? Chips?" I say. He laughs and says, "let's go then." "In our pajamas?" "Who cares?" He responds. I smile and we head out. We pick up pasta for Christmas Eve dinner, and mushrooms, sweet potatoes, ham, and cornbread for Christmas Day. When we get back, we blast Christmas music. Feliz Navidad comes on and I'm overjoyed. I've always found myself obsessed with Puerto Rican music. I bend down and twerk my ass up and down, shaking my body to the beat. Derek dances very smoothly, and his charm inspires my hips. I begin to move very funny and start jumping. "Feliz Navidad Próspero año y felicidad." I sing. "I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas!" Derek shouts in his heavy Australian accent. "You suck!" I mock. "And you can't sing for shit!" "I know!" I say, throwing a pillow at him. He gets on the bed and tackles me with a fluffy pillow. "Hey!" I say, taking him out by the knees. He laughs and falls over. I continue hitting him and he grabs me by the hips and pulls me on top of him. "I love your crazy ass." "I love you too, you Aussie man." "Well that's new, I've never been called an Aussie before." He says. "That's what you are." I say. "Okay American." "That's fine"I laugh. I get a phone call from Peter and pick up nervously. "Becca, hey. I know you're away, but I just wanted to let you know that Danielle was part of the cult and she's just been arrested for ten murders." "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that you were manipulated again. I just want you to be happy." "I know. Your happiness is important to me too. Have a good Christmas." "Merry Christmas." I say, hanging up.

I did only want happiness for Pete. But that want, that sudden urge to be happy, it was to much for a leading detective of one of the most notorious serial killer's case, to actually believe she would get it.