Chapter Twenty Two

"Alright, I'm taking this jacket off." I say. "Me too." Derek nods. We all strip some clothes off to get ready for the night ahead. "Where do we begin?" Pete asks. "Piles. Put the oldest years and everything from Daniel's birth into one pile. Put every news article and piece of paperwork stating what happened the night of his mothers' death into another pile. Everything past then, the death of his brother, the supposed killing 'car accident' he was in, put that in a seperate pile." Derek and Peter both exchange a look, and get to work.
Two Hours Later:
Finally we see something relevant. "Becca, take a look at this." Pete says, handing me a piece of paper.
It's a news article stating the following:
"Daniel Wilson, put up for adoption after the murder of his father. Lisa Wilson is the main suspect in this investigation."
"So who's the man reported as his father that he murdered?" I ask myself. "I have a feeling he's relevant to this case." Derek says. "Why do you say that?" I ask. "Because James wasn't put up for adoption alone. He had an identical twin brother." Derek shows me this, handing over a piece of paper to prove it.
"11 month old Daniel Wilson, put up for adoption with Richard Wilson.. November 4th, 1991."
Richard Wilson, that has to be the man he recently murdered. "Wait, why would Lisa Wilson adopt the child she put up for adoption?" "I don't know, but there has to be meaning behind it." "How old was she when she put them up for adoption?" I ask. "Nineteen." Pete says, holding up the document. "Do you think the father didn't know she had them?" Derek asks. "Probably not." I respond. "Or she was planning to kill them and Lisa wasn't the one who put her sons up for adoption in the first place." Peter suggests. "Who would possibly have the power to put a child up for adoption?" I ask. "The father." Pete responds. "But he was killed before they were put into a foster home, that makes no sense." Derek says. "Actually, he could've gotten the paperwork in before then." I say, agreeing with Pete. "Alright. Well this doesn't help the case." Derek says. "You think she tried killing her two sons?" I state. "Well I wouldn't put anything past a serial killer, but the real question is why are we here when we should be looking into Richard Wilson's autopsy." Derek says. "You're smarter than you know Derek Jones." I say, kissing him on the cheek and walking outside. Leaving the room, I get a peak of Pete's frustration signaled on his face. Why is he mad? I wonder. Walking up to Chief Grayson Dimarco, I politely say "excuse me" to get his attention. "Just a minute." He says, holding up his finger in front of my face. I compose myself. "We got a random package outside." A man says, standing next to Grayson. He huffs as he asks "What is it?" The man responds, "I don't know sir, but it's made out to a Rebecca Donelli." "That's me." I say. "Come this way." Chief says, leading me to a room. Derek and Peter step out and say, "Where are you going with her?" "Guys, it's fine. I'm going to open a package." They shake there heads and step back into the room. Opening the package, I'm terrified of what I'll see inside. I hope it's not a body part. But when I open the package, my fears come true. It's a finger. A thumb, along with a camera. Looking at the latest video recorded, I see my mother. My mother, being held captive. With tape around her hands and feet, with cuts and bruises on her naked body. A man in a black mask walks over to where she's taped in a chair and holds a knife to her neck. He begins to cut her and she screams. I shut the video off before seeing anything else. I have no words. I can't let my mom get killed. I love her, and she's the only family I have. We haven't even developed our relationship to it's full potential, I haven't told her I loved her in so long. Attached to the video is a card, written by Daniel that says, "Rebecca, give up. Or don't and come watch your mother die. Either way, you lose." He leaves an address, showing his location. I scream at the thought of him seeing this as a game. "Take this out of here, now!" Grayson screams. "No! No. Keep this here. I need this video, and this letter."  I say. "Why?" Grayson asks. "Because I do. I have to go get her. That's my mom, I need to go find her and free her from this sick son of a bitch. I'm not asking you to let me go get her. I'm telling you that I'm going to save her from his grip." "Go. Go get her. But I'm giving you every possible weapon you can have." "Thank you." I say. I inform Derek and Peter of what's going on. They insist on going with me, but I tell them that this is something I have to do on my own. "Why Rebecca? Let me go with you, I can keep you safe." Derek says. "I can keep myself safe." I assure him. The lights go black. "What's going on?!" Chief screams. "I don't know. I'll grab my gun." I shout. But before I can, I feel a man's arms tighten around my waist. "Let me go." I kick. "No." He whispers, smelling my hair. His voice is all to familiar. "Daniel, let me go!" I scream. Elbowing him, I get out of his grip. Beginning to run, he gets a hold of me again. Out of the corner of my eye I see four men take out Derek and Peter. "Derek!" I scream. "Let them go!" With the sound of my own voice, everything goes black.
Waking up I see my mother next to me. I try to scream, but I can't. There's tape around my mouth. I'm in the same position I was when I was kidnapped the first time. But this time, it's just Me, My mom, and Daniel. But where is Daniel? My question is answered when he walks in with a machete. I lick the tape off of me and scream, "Listen you sick asshole! Let us go or I swear to god you'll see that machete to your dick when I get out of here!" "Who says you're getting out of here?" He laughs. There it is. That sick and twisted voice. The voice that I once was so proudly consumed by, I now hate. He gets in my face and points the machete at me. His eyes are dark and as black as his soul. When he hits my skin with the blade, I'm surprised he doesn't puncture it. "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just going to kill your mother in front of you." He's torturing me, again. "Don't lay a fucking hand on her! You're not going to get away with this, you're not going to get away with this! You'll rot, I'll make sure you rot!" I scream. He pulls my hair and I yelp. "Remember when I made you drink your father sweetheart? You remember when I held your eyes open, so you could see every single thing I did to them. Remember the pregnant woman? And that precious little baby she was carrying? Remember when I raped you? I'll do it again. I'll do it all again Rebecca. I'll do it to you, I'll do it to her. I'll destroy every single thing you have in this fucking world!" He screams in my face. I spit on his face. He wipes his eye and goes over to my mother. He slices her other thumb off and smiles at me. "See what you made me do?" He asks. I begin to cry. "I'm sorry. Please, don't hurt her. I'm begging you, don't hurt her. Kill me instead, kill me!" I yell. "You know that great man you've gotten so close to? What was his name, Ah, Derek Jones. If you think I tortured your father, wait until you see what I do to him." He has a grip on my mind. He's messing with me and I can't get his toxic words out of my head. "Please don't hurt him." I sob. He laughs again. His laugh is ringing through my ears and all throughout my head. Then, at the oddest moment, I remember something. Daniel wasn't only an identical twin, he was one out of 3 identical triplets. He had a brother he killed when he was younger, and Richard Wilson. But the third triplet wasn't put up for adoption. I use this information to fuck with his mind. If he could get into mine, I'll ruin his. "Richard Wilson." I scream. "What?" He turns around. "Lisa And Bianca Wilson. Your crooked mother and stepmother. But there was a third brother wasn't there. What did you do to him Daniel? What did you do to him!? No, what did they do to you? What did you see? Or better yet, was it you who started the rapist heroin using cult in the first place? Did Lisa create it, or did you!? Who was the third brother? How did it make you feel knowing that you weren't mommy's favorite?" I scream. "I was her favorite! She loved me!" He shouts. "No she didn't. She used you. She used you to blame. Why'd you kill her if she loved you? Why did you do it? Was it jealousy?" I scream. I gasp at my thoughts. "No. It was love. You were in love with her! That's why you killed your father, that's why you killed Bianca Wilson. But when your plan with mommy loving you back didn't work out, you killed her, poisoning her along with the rest. How was it Daniel? Watching Lisa's face disappear as her heart stopped?" "I didn't poison her!" He begins to cry. Wiping the tears away, he gets a gun. "Haha, you think you could play with my mind you little bitch. I'll shoot you right now Rebecca. Don't fucking test me! I'll shoot you and your mother! Regardless of how I killed my mother, she's still one of the best killers I know! And I'm her fucking son!" He screams. I've gotten to him. I see it in his eyes, I've affected him. "Come close." I say. I look at him and whisper, "your mommy was nothing but a cold hearted, drug using, idiot. Fuck her, and fuck you." "Don't you dare say something like that again!" He says, pointing the gun to my mothers head. "Don't! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I take back everything. Your mother loved you, she did, I'm sure she did. Please, don't kill her. Please." I scream. "Don't beg for pity." He says, shooting her dead. "NOOOO." I scream. I can't breathe. I can't catch my breath. I'm choking on my sobs. She's gone. She's gone because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Why do I always fuck up everything? Everything I do never turns out right. I couldn't save Carlee, I couldn't save my father, and now I just caused my mother's death. It's all my fault. My chest hurts and I feel like I want to die. Right now, in this moment, I don't care if he shoots me. I didn't have any chance to tell my mother I loved her. I should've told her I loved her. She was over protective, overbearing, and sometimes rude. But behind the fancy clothes, she was also caring, loving, and warm- hearted. I missed the chance to develop a relationship with the woman who gave me life, and now, I don't want this life. "Just do it! Do it Daniel, kill me. I have nothing left." I say the words, but as soon as they leave my mouth I think of Derek and Pete. The only two people I have close to love right now. "No. I won't kill you until every single one of the people you love are dead. I'll bury you next to Derek, and save everyone the burden." As soon as the words leave his mouth, Derek storms in with a gun. "Get the fuck away from her or I'll shoot you right in the head!" Derek screams. Before Derek could do this though, Daniel shoots him in the leg and runs. Derek begins to limp over to me. Calling for backup, I scream at Derek. "Don't worry about me, find him!" Derek walks as fast as possible, but it's too late, he's gone.