Chapter Forty Two

While they're rejoicing, I'm miserable. I'm carrying my brothers baby. I can't do this. I have to get an abortion as soon as possible. But then again, I might have to follow this pregnancy through. I don't know when I'm going to get out of here. I keep thinking back to Jayden's words, "I'll get you out of here, I promise." But will he? I'm in the middle of nowhere, and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't come back for me. I don't think I would come back for me. I'm twenty two. I don't want to be responsible for a child, and I don't want this child to be born or have to live with a murderous father and a damaged mother. Plus, being that Peter is a twin, I might be carrying twins. Since they won't kill me, especially now that they know I'm pregnant, I need to ask more questions. I'm eager to get answers, to make it all make sense. "So where's the cult now?" "The cult? There is no cult anymore Rebecca. It's just us core group of people." Peter says. "But there were about 40 people, you killed them all?" I ask Alan. "Yes. We did because we needed to be in charge. Don't you see, as your father everything I do I do for you." "You're not my father. None of you are my family." Just as I say that, Jayden storms in with six other men. "I told you I would get you." Jayden says, untying me. But Peter, Alan, and My adoptive father were to powerful. They took out the guys and ran. But Jayden helped me, we're okay. Jayden brings me to the hospital, and they fix the wound in my shoulder nicely. I'm in physical pain, but more so emotional. Jayden asks me if I want to go to his apartment, and I agree. When we get there, we sit on the couch and he puts his arm around me. "I'm pregnant Jayden. I'm pregnant with Peter's baby." I cry. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. It's going to be okay. I'll do everything to protect you. I'll keep you safe. This is your body. You have a right to not want your brothers baby. If you want an abortion, I'll bring you to get one." He says, kindly. "I don't know. I still feel bad. Let me think about it, let's talk about it tomorrow." "Okay. I love you Rebecca, as a friend." "I love you to Jayden. I'm glad you're okay." "I'll make sure you're okay." He says, and we go to sleep.
Waking up, I can't breathe.
Where am I? I take out my phone and shine the brightness, am I? I'm in a coffin. I can't breathe, I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. It's so tight in here, I can hardly move. I'm hyperventilating, no. Breathe Rebecca. Breathe. I'm not being buried alive, if I was, they wouldn't get the baby. So, what? They're just going to let me rot in a coffin? Wait, no. They're trying to teach me a lesson, a lesson not to cross them again. Well this isn't much of a fucking learning point. I call Jayden, but he says he can't track me. Great, so currently I'm a lost cause. I use all my force to kick the coffin open and I fall out. I'm in the woods. Everything is so overwhelming. So I cry. I let out all of my heart break, all of the betrayal. I cry because of the things I let manipulate me, I cry because Derek is gone, I cry because the man I thought was my father is gone, I cry because I let innocent people die on my account. I cry because of every single thing that has happened since I got on this case. I haven't had a chance to breathe. I haven't had a chance to take a look on my life before the case. I haven't had a chance to just sit back and take a break. I'm still grateful.
I'm grateful for my childhood, and the persona my father put on that allowed me to have a good one.
I'm grateful for true love, and for Derek, who allowed me to feel it.
I'm grateful to Carlee, who showed me the meaning of loyalty and sisterhood.
I'm grateful to Jayden, who revealed what a true friend is, and who co-workers are supposed to be.
I'm grateful to my mom, who tried her best.
I'm grateful for this job because although it put me through hell and pretty much entirely ruined my life, it showed me the meaning of hard work and passion. It showed me the badass I am. It revealed who I really am. So even now; even here, in the middle of the woods and carrying my brothers child, I'm thankful for the life I've been given. Even if I don't survive this, I've had a good twenty two years. Peter comes after me, but I don't run. I won't be able to outrun him. So when he brings me back to the area I'm being held captive in, I'm shocked to see Jayden. Is he okay? Is he even alive? Jayden wakes up panicked and frightened, I wonder what they did to him. I hope nothing to harmful. But then again, everything they do to people is extremely harmful and cruel. "Hey, Jayden, are you okay?" I ask. "Yes. I just don't know where they went, they disappeared." "Oh. Do you think they're coming back soon?" "They said they were going to bring us back a special treat, and that we would have to watch." Oh no. Those words can only mean one thing they're planning on killing someone in front of us. Watching my father's twin be murdered was horrifying, I can't imagine who they've brought now. "Is there anyone close to you? Anyone you truly love?" I ask. "My boyfriend." "Well, they're probably going to bring him here Jayden."
Just as I had assumed, Alan, and my "father" walk in with Jayden's boyfriend. This is going to be tragic.