Chapter 1

Matt Casey wakes up. It's shortly after 4 am and he has shift today. He looks at the ceiling and smiles. Then he slowly turns his head to the empty space next to him. His smile goes away. He stands up gets dressed and goes to the window and looks in the distance. He actually hopes she does the same at the same time. Today it's exactly one year since Gabby left and he's still not really over her. He turns to the bed and sees her. Sleeping on the bed. Her black hair softly around her. And with a softly smile. He sees her slowly waking up and looks at him who lays next to her. Sees how she softly touches his chest and puts a softly kiss on his cheek. Then Matt sees how she softly fades. The small smile he has on his lips again goes away. He looks at the bed and feels how he slowly gets tearful. He holds his tears back and goes out of the Bedroom. He makes something to eat, sits down on the table and sees Gabby again. She wears the shirt from the fire department. And her work pants. She comes up to him and kisses his neck softly. Matt puts his hand on his neck. Then he realized that she's still away. He looks down and feels a tear running down his cheek. He wipes it away and says to himself: "That's not me... She's not here..." Actually he still hopes she'll come back soon. He looks at his watch and gets ready for shift. He drives to 51. Parks and gets out. He goes toward the door but stopped walking at Otis memorial. He goes in. Goes to his office and does Paperwork. It seems like everyone is like the shift before. Like nothing changed. The only one who's not himself next to Matt is Joe who still trys to get over Otis death. Matt sees him in sleeping room. He looks at him. Then back to his work. He still has a picture of Gabby and him on his desk. He looks at it and turns it away. Then someone knocks on his door. Sylvie stays there and smiles at him. Matt looks at her and smiles back. Sylvie comes in his office, kisses his cheek and sits down on the bed.