Chapter 23

It's been one week already since the fire. Gabby is still in hospital and still in coma. Doctors are keep running tests but none really talks to Matt. Even if he always asks what's wrong with her. None answers. Matt holds Gabby hand gently and looks at her. He doesn't really know what he should do but he knows he won't go out of that room. Not as long as Gabby is in coma. He didn't lett it since she's here. He stayed awake all night to keep an eye on her. There's a knock on the door. Matt turns to the door and faces Sylvie. Hand in hand with Antonio. They ask if they could come in and enter the room after Matt gives them a slowly nod. Antonio goes to the other side of Gabby. To the side Matt doesn't hold her hand. Antonio sits down on a chair and grabs the hand of his sister. He looks at her and feels how he tears up. He lets some single tears running before Sylvie sits down on his lap and hugs him. Antonio hides his face in Sylvie's neck just as he notices how Matt looks at them. He looks heartbroken, lost and hurt. It wasn't because of Sylvie. He noticed he's in love with Gabby. But she isn't here. Well, her body is. But not her spirit. What will he do if she doesn't wake up? Will everything be like as she was in Puerto Rico? Or will he blame himself? Cause he had commando of truck 81 and should have been the last person who exited the house. The only thing Matt knows is as soon as Gabby wakes up he'll tell her how much he means to him. How stupid life looked in the time they are right now. How much he missed her the last one and a half years. And those weeks she's in coma. He'll tell her everything. All three focus on Gabby again. As Sylvie left the room to get some food. They eating together but Matt couldn't get more that a small bite. As Antonio and Sylvie left, Matt caught himself praying that everything will be fine.