Chapter 22

Gabby lays on the hospital bed. She has closed eyes and the tube helps her breathing. Matt sits on the chair next to her. Holding her hand and looking at her. She looks peacefully how she just lays there. Doctor Manning and doctor Halstead come in the room. Manning checking the monitor and medicine while Halstead checks her pupils and reflexes. Matt watches them carefully to make sure they won't do anything stupid. As they finish checking Halstead took some blood for a blood test. Matt couldn't help but asks what happened to Gabby. Halstead and Manning look at each other before looking at Matt. "It seems like Gabby has a sepsis. We'll run a blood test and find out if there's something more. At the moment she's in a coma. We put her there to give her body the chance to recover" Manning said. Matt didn't understand what she just said. He just asks: "What's the reason for the sepsis?" "Probably the burn on her back. It looks like a 1st degree burn but it's infected" Halstead said. Matt doesn't know what to say. Gabby's in a coma because of a sepsis and was the only one who helped him through the break up with Sylvie. He looks after Manning and Halstead as they left before looking back to Gabby. He grabs her hand tightly and whispers: "come back Gabby... please... you mean everything to me... you helped me... please come back"
°°°°°°Gabby falls. She keeps falling. Down in a black nothing. She trys to fight against it but it's to strong. Way stronger than she is. She hears Matt and feels his hand. She says: "Matt I'm here. I'm here Matt. You hear me? I won't leave you" but it seems like none can hear her. Gabby is alive and in a dead body. She can't move, can't talk and can't see but it is her body. She trys to find a way to get out of this dark thing but doesn't know how. She keeps fighting. And then she hears a familiar voice saying: "Dawson"