Chapter 38

Matt calmed down a little since the talk he had with Gabby last week. Today he's supposed to have shift but Boden told him to take shifts off till Gabby delivers. Boden saw how worried he was about Gabby last few weeks and someone who isn't focused on the job causes trouble. Especially as a Captain. Matt's now laying on the bed with Gabby next to him. Her head is on his chest while she's sleeping. He smiles and holds around her as she slowly starts waking up. Gabby knows something is different but doesn't know what. She smiles looking up to Matt. "Morning" she mumbles. Matt kisses her head and replies "morning" with a smile. "How are you" he asks. "Good" she answers. She looks at her belly as she gently glides her hands over it. Matt places his hand on her belly as well and both smile. They feel a soft kick and smile. But then again this weird feeling gets over Gabby. Matt looks at her and notices something's wrong. "What's wrong?" He asks. "I don't know. Something feels weird but not pain" she answers. "Wanna go to doctor to check on you two?" He asks but Gabby shakes her head. "no it'll be fine soon. For sure" "Okay" he answers. They get up and enjoy their day but there's always this weird feeling which comes back. Gabby doesn't know what it is and it doesn't hurt. Probably just excitement to see her little girl in around 7 weeks.

Sorry for not updating yesterday 🙈