chapter 20

°°°Next day°°°
Today everyone has shift. Casey drives to firehouse, puts his bag in locker and goes to his office to start with Paperwork. Shortly after he arrived there are Severide and Kidd. They went to locker. Severide goes to his office and starts Paperwork as Casey did and Kidd went to Common room. Then everyone else came. Mouch sat down on his place, Herrmann on the round table reading the newspaper, Otis and Cruz talking to each other... just like a normal shift. The last person who arrived was Brett. She came in with her view down. She went straight to the locker room to put her bag in her locker. After she went to common room and tried not to look at anyone. She drinks a cup of coffee and as she pours the second one everyone started asking if she's fine. Brett kept repeating she is fine but none really believed her. Si she gave up and went to sleeping room to sit down on her bed. She starts reading something. The shift went by and there were just a few calls. One car accident, one small fire and one bigger fire. But everything went well. Until around 4 p.m. Gabby came by to take a word with Chief Boden. She asked him if it's possible to start working here again. She  knew it isn't an easy way after mor then a year starting again. Boden called Otis' replacement Blake Gallo and asked him some questions. At the end Gabby was able to take Gallo's place. But whenever someone needs a replacement Gallo is the first one who'll be called. Gabby went home and Boden and Gallo tells it to everyone. Brett wasn't really happy but hopes to be good friend with Gabby again. As shift ended next day at 8 a.m. everyone went home. Brett to her friend and Casey hope. As he arrived there he saw the note Sylvie left. He reads it over and over again. He trys to call her but she doesn't pick up any of them. Matt feels lost and sad. Officially he's now a single man again.