Chapter 22

A/N: This chapter contains sexy business! ⚠️😁💖

Amari POV

I sat cross legged on Luka's lower back with oiled hands. Despite my earlier objection, he'd managed to convince me that giving him a massage was actually beneficial to the both of us. His argument was that he would give me a massage in return..  and also that my eyes would be forever blessed with the sight of his naked body.

His big headedness actually worked. Though, I was more in this for the massage in return.

As I sat on him, I really took the time to appreciate and actually marvel at how big he was. His broad shoulders were displayed in front of me, his rippling back muscles and the cute dimples I didnt know he had. He truly did look hot lying beneath me, but he didnt need to know that.

At first, I'd sat on him as a way to tease him, hoping my weight would be uncomfortable. But Luka didnt flinch... at all. In fact, I think he was enjoying this even more. His eyes were closed, his head tilted to the side. His hair was pulled back in a sexy man bun so that I'd have access to his neck. He looked like a rugged prince.

"Come on bubbles, bless me with your magic hands," he hummed, promting me to start my massage. I dont know what he was expecting - I wasn't a professional masseuse, but I could try and make him feel good.

I rubbed my hands together, successfully warming the oil before pressing my fingertips to his muscles and rubbing in an upward motion. He let out a sigh of content, practically melting under me. I giggled, feeling powerful on top of him.

I rubbed his back, digging my fingertips into the groves of his muscles. His skin was soft and smooth beneath my fingertips, making it easier for my hands to glide over his flesh.

"Luka, the mating ceremony..." I spoke softly, figuring that we might as well chat since we were going to be here for a while. "I don't really know how it works... what it's about. Will you tell me?"

I ran my fingers softly down his spine and he shivered, his muscles twitching under me. "It's the equivalent to a human wedding, sweetness. We say our vows and we tie the knot. Except it's more of a promise to the moon goddess that we will love each other and be there for each other as soul mates like she intended. It's very spiritual in that sense I guess," he muttered, tucking a loose strand of hair behind his ear.

"Oh," I nodded slowly, moving my fingers up and over his shoulders to rub the junction where his neck met his shoulders. "Did your mom and dad have one?"

"Yeah, way before I was born. They have pictures I can show you," he smiled.

"I'd love to see them," I agreed curiously. "Why doesn't every couple in the pack have a ceremony then?why only the alpha and his mate?"

"Other couples do have them babe, just not on as big a scale as the alpha couple. We will have a big one because we are leading the pack. In truth, it's to show a strong mating to our pack members, to assure them that we are solid together as one in team work and love and leadership. That's why the sex is so important."

My fingers paused briefly before starting up again, the oil hot because of the friction between his skin and my palms. "The s-sex?"

"Mhmm," he nodded again. "We will have sex because it's a way of showing love and bonding. The pack will see that - see how close we are and trust us to be powerful together. It's a very old tradition - sometimes not even mating ceremonies are enough to install trust, but our pack runs on tradition."

I took a few seconds to take that all in. I never remembered mom and dad having a mating ceremony. And even if they did have one before I was born, mom never mentioned it. The way Luka described it was fascinating. But terrifying. It seemed like a big commitment. Far beyond me.