Chapter 43

A/N: Disclaimer, I'm not a medical professional. Never been pregnant. It's also been four years since I've known someone who was pregnant. Don't quote me on the FICTIONAL going ons in this chapter 😅👍🏽

I feel like this is becoming the norm now but once again 🤣👇🏽

Warning: This chapter contains sex 🍑🍆💦

Luka POV

"Amari-"

"No!"

"But-"

"No Luka!"

I frowned, clenching my fists by my side as I watched him rush to get dressed. My frantic mate tugged on his jeans, leaving the button and zip undone to accommodate his protruding belly. He then pulled one of my jumpers on, hiding both his belly and his open fly.

One second he was in front of me, the next he was in the bathroom, throwing his curls up into a high puff in front of the mirror. I bit my tongue, holding back a scolding. He knew he was supposed to be taking it easy, but here he was running about all over the place.

He wanted to go out with Eugene. Without me. I wasn't feeling very comfortable about it but despite my protests, Amari was determined to go.

"He's not gonna listen.... we should spank him. Then lock him in the bathroom. Quick, ambush him while he's distracted!"

"I'm pretty sure he would beat us up if we did that," I muttered in reply to Izaak's risky plan. A stubborn Amari was better than a pissed off, 'im-about-to-rip-your-fucking-head-off-Amari.'

I knew my mate was strong, but since he's been pregnant, fuck me it's like his strength increased times ten. The other day, I tried to help him out with the laundry, despite him telling me not to because I always forgot what fabrics weren't allowed in the washer, and he smacked me. My hands were throbbing for a whole five minutes.

So as a result of my trauma, now, I sat on the bed, watching with my tail tucked between my legs as he got ready for his outing with Eugene.

"We're becoming the bitch-"

"Shut up Izaak!"

My wolf snorted a laugh, but even he wasn't going to step up and take control of the situation, so eitherway we were just going to have to submit to our mate's wishes.

After tugging on his sneakers and straightening up, Amari was panting softly. He was running out of breath a lot these days which made me even more stressed out about him leaving.

What if he pushed himself too far and ran out of breath?

What if he passed out because of lack of oxygen?

What if he passed out, fell and got kidnapped?!

"Luka, stop it," Amari nudged my legs apart and squished himself in between my thighs. His handsome face was all cute and happy, his hazel eyes sparkling as he blinked down at me.

"I'm fine, baby's fine, we're all good!" He cupped my face in his slim hands, squishing my cheeks so that I puckered my lips for him. "Don't you have other things to do today, instead of following me around like a lost puppy?"

"No."

"I can write you a list," he giggled, kissing me sweetly, working his little magic charms so that I would be more lenient on him. He knew how to work his way around my rules and have me all sappy and shit for him.