B11: Gian

RAMDAM KO ANG TENSYON sa mga bagang ko habang binubuhay ko ang engine ng kotse. Sinulyapan ko si Elise. Nakapikit siya, pero nakatiim ang mga bagang at halatang nagpipigil maiyak.

Nagsisikip ang aking dibdib noong sinimulan kong i-drive ang kotse. It shouldn't be like this. Damn it. She should have been ready. Hindi ganito.

Can she ever be ready?

For what?

For someone like Emile?

No. Never.

I was grateful that Elise was still in her own world of misery because the car swerved for a little bit as my whole body trembled from dread that crept up my skin. She didn't notice any of it.

If it was up to me, Elise would never come face to face with the monsters.

I tried to do my best from the moment she stepped into my life. I was succeeding. It had come to the point that everyone equated Elise with me now. I planned everything so when she outed herself, everyone would know that she was my person.

All mine.

Anyone who wanted to get to her would have to go through me. I was her web of protection.

I never counted Emile in the picture.

And I didn't think my protection would be enough to cover Elise from someone like all that Emile represented.

I had to try to concentrate on my driving because the fog of rage was starting to overcome me. But it cleared completely when I heard the first sob from her lips.

"Ugh. For real? You're going to cry for the bastard?" nasambit ko.

Pambabaeng suntok sa aking braso ang sagot ni Elise sa akin.

At nagbuntunghininga ako saka nagpatuloy sa pagda-drive habang, for the second time just in the week, pinakikinggan kong umiiyak na naman ang aking alaga.