<-- 88 -->

Kira's POV:

When Dele ended the call, we looked at each other and even though I wanted to be happy that we were going to get our son back, I couldn't help but sob at the news. How could Ruby do that to us? I knew that she wasn't my biggest fan, but taking my child? That's a different level of evil. "Come here, baby. At least we're going to get our son back."

"Why do you think she did it?" I asked Dele as I wiped away my tears. "Revenge? Jealousy? It could have been anything Kiki." He pulled me into a hug. "I'm so confused. And how could she do that to us, Del? She's got a kid of her own and she took ours."

"I don't know, Kiki. I don't know." He embraced me harder as we both settled down into the sofa.

A Week Later...

Dele and I were sitting in the living room, Caleb held closer to us then ever before. He'd been home for a couple of days and we hadn't let him out of our sights. Dele had taken a few days off training to be with Caleb and I and although I was still so shaken up, everything seemed to be back on track again. I looked over at Dele as he squeezed Caleb's cheeks. "I love you, my little man."

"So now that everything's normal again, are we finally going to start planning this wedding?" He laughed and nodded his head. "I seriously want to get married to you as soon as possible. I just want to finally make you my wife!" I intertwined my hand with his and pecked his lips. "And I can't wait to finally be your wife." As the day went on, I decided to upload a photo to Instagram:

@kira_matthews: hey everyone! dele and i want to thank you for all the sweet messages over this past couple weeks

@kira_matthews: hey everyone! dele and i want to thank you for all the sweet messages over this past couple weeks. not gonna lie, everything that has happened has truly made me appreciate all the good things in life. my beautiful baby boy is safe again and i'm engaged to the love of my life, life couldn't be more perfect for me right now. hope everyone has a good day x

Liked by dele, jesselingard, lucialoi and 2,093,325 others

Comments:

@dele: my future wifey

@lucialoi: i'm coming over to see my little boy!

@jesselingard: so glad for you and dele <3 i need to come and visit soon

@mariahansen: definitely need to catch up soon babes x

As I was sitting in the living room, I got a call from a number I didn't recognise. I answered it but waited for them to speak first.

Kira: normal

Ruby: bold

Hello, Kira?

Ruby? Why are you calling me? I don't want to speak to you.

I know and I'm truly sorry for what I did to you, but I need to tell you something.

I don't want to listen to anything you to have to say. I'm going-

No, Kira, please.

Okay, fine. You have 5 minutes and that's all.

I don't need 5 minutes. I just need to tell you that I did what I did because I was forced into it but people aren't allowed to know that. I never wanted to hurt you or Caleb. I'm jealous of your little family, but not jealous enough to want to rip it apart. You're a perfect mother, Kira and you are such an amazing role model for Caleb, you're exactly what I wanted to be for Lola but I didn't know how.

I don't know why you're telling me this Ruby. I don't want to speak to you.

I know you don't and I don't deserve to be listened to but just know that I never wanted to take Caleb, never. If I could go back in time and change what I did, I would because you and Dele didn't deserve that.

Change it? Why? So you'd be able to get out of jail? You literally kidnapped my child, Ruby. You're psychotic.

Kira, I've got to go but please, promise you'll make sure my little girl is okay. She doesn't deserve to be punished for what I've done. She doesn't have anyone else, Kira. I don't know what they're going to do with her but please make sure she lives a good life, a happy life.

I can't change what social services decide to do Ruby, I'm sorry.

Yeah, yeah I understand. Kira, one last thing?

Go ahead Ruby. Tell me something else to convince me you're innocent.

Don't trust him. Just, don't trust him Kira.

Who? Dele? Of course I'm going to trust him, we're getting married.

No, don't trust him. Goodbye Kira. I'm so sorry, for everything.