Chapter-17

Sabrina's POW:-

Shit

Yeah that's the first thought that came to my mind when I met his eyes in the Underground.

The first time my gaze fell upon him, was for a short time, during my fight. There was this constant feeling like I was being watched very carefully by someone I brushed it off in the beginning, but then when I followed it and looked around my gaze fell on a lone masked figure, that happened only for a few seconds but when I looked back, when the match was over, he wasn't there.

Later on my suspicions were confirmed when I met his gaze during his match. The only thing that I hope is that he doesn't recognise me.

" Hey! Sabrina!"

" Huh? What?" I say realising that i was staring into space.

" Were you even listening to me?" Asks Jenn.

Currently we are in history, which like always is boring because Mr. Raj is a grumpy fifty year old teacher who teaches us like he is teaching a wall, he doesn't care whether we are paying attention or no he teaches and leaves when the class is over.

" Yeah..." I lie.

" Oh yeah what was I talking about?"

Oh shit. It's become a very regular for me to say those two words. Think Sabrina think.

" Matthew?.." I say.

All she ever talks about is about some kind of gossip or fashion or her boyfriend, aka, Matthew.

" Yeah I was talking about him, but I know you were not paying attention to me. What's going on you are zoning out since morning."

" It's nothing just tired. I was studying yesterday because we have tests coming up."

" Ok." She says slowly not believing me at all. Suddenly she looks like she had a light bulb moment. " Hah! I know." She screams.

" Yes Ms. Lee what do you know?" Asks Mr. Raj.

Her eyes widen and she looks at me in alarm.

" Er.. I know that what you are teaching about is correct and very interesting?"

"Oh.. that's fine but you don't need to scream, sit down please."

I roll my eyes some teachers in this school are so gullible.

" Nice save." I say sarcastically to Jenn.

But she pays no attention to my statement and smirks at me.

" Oh I know very well what is  distracting you."

" Huh?"

" I'll tell you later." She says, smirk not dropping off her face.

The bell rings and we meet at the cafeteria during lunch. Everyone is are around the table and talking about the latest gossip about a new kid joining our school.

" I've heard he is from New York." Says Jenn.

" Aren't you from New York, Ri?" Asks Bella.

" Yeah, why?"

" You might know him if he is from there." Says Jenn.

" Honey New York is a huge place, and I said I know many people that doesn't mean that I know everyone from the whole of California." I say rolling my eyes.

" But it'll be so cool if you know him." She says.

" Yeah..." I mumble. " I'd rather not see anybody from there."