Chapter-14

Sabrina's POV:-

The next morning I wake up before everyone else and start arranging things for my prank. I grab the green hair dye from my bag and carefully pad across the room and walk towards the master bedroom where chase is sleeping. I enter the room and carefully shut the door. I see that Chase is fast asleep so walk to the attached bathroom with the least possible amount of noise I can make. I grab his shampoo bottle and pour the hair dye into it and shake the bottle to let the color mix properly.

I remove any evidence of my presence and keep the shampoo bottle as it was before and leave. Then I grab the packet of slime from my pocket and put it on his hair.

God this boy sleeps like a dead body.

I quickly make an exit trying to make the least possible noise.
" What are you doing?" A voice asked.

I almost jumped out of my skin.

" Ssshh." I say holding one hand to my beating heart.

I turn around to see Maddox standing there in all of his morning glory, wearing only sweat pants.

I shut the door behind me carefully.

" Why are you coming out of Chase's room at" he looked at the digital clock that hung on the wall " four in the morning?" He asked suspiciously.

" Umm... Nothing." I say.

His eyebrows scrunched in frustration. Suddenly his face turned blank.

" Is there something going on between you and Chase."

My eyes widen and I almost scream.

" NO! There is nothing going on between me and Chase." I say appalled.

" Then why are you sneaking out of his room?"

" Ok fine you want to know I'll tell you. But not here come on outside." I say looking around.

" Ok."

We both walked to the living room and sat down on the couch.

" I went in there to pull a prank on him." I say with a shrug.

" And what is this prank?" He asked.

I smirk, " That you will come to know when everyone wakes up."

He just rolled his eyes.

" What are you doing up so early?" I ask.

" Couldn't sleep."

" Oh."

" Wanna see something?" He asks after a short silence.

" Sure what is it." I ask.

" Jet you're jacket, were going out well be back before everyone wakes up."

" Ok."

I don't know why I gave in so easily. Few days back I considered him my sorta frienemy, and wouldn't trust anybody to order me around and take me places. But I guess I get this weird feeling of security and trust around him even though I have known him for less than a few months.

I grab my jacket and go downstairs to see Maddox waiting for me at the backyard door.

" Where are you taking me?"

" Have patients."

" No tell me then only will I follow."

" Your not going to let this go are you?"

" No." I state.

" Fine." He says.

Suddenly my feet are off the ground and I am hanging upside down, for the second time.