Chapter-19

Sabrina's POV:-

" Well that's how it all started. I met Mack, and by fifteen I started fighting, because I had to help mom with the bills and stuff." I say finally after finishing my story.

" You beat up two grown up men when you were twelve-year-old I am not sure." Maddox asks, his features conturing in disbelief.

" Yup." I said popping the 'p'.

" I don't believe you." He said.
I roll my eyes.

" Of course you don't believe me."

" What's that supposed to mean." He says.

" Nothing forget about it." I say.

" Okay, whatever."

" Now you tell me." I say.

" Tell you what?" He asks innocently.

" Why did you join?"

He looks around the room.

" Oh! Look at the time it's so late I think you should go home."

" Dude it's only eight. Now stop trying to change the topic." I say slightly annoyed.

" Ok fine." He says slightly frustrated.

" Ok." I say.

" So you remember I told you a little about my brother?" I nod. " Yeah well he was the type of guy everybody loved and was popular. He was six years eolder than me. I looked up to him. He was in the school football team and was good academically as well. He was the golden boy of the town. He was an amazing brother as well. We both shared an interest in boxing. So since I was like eight he would train me. Everything was good, the three of us, dad, Ryder and I would spend time boxing and stuff. My dad and brother were very close. Then one day everything changed. Dad had caught Ryder with drugs. It was a shock to me and mom, and an even bigger shock to dad. That day dad and Ryder had a huge fight. I was too young to do anything by coming in between the two of them, and mom too couldn't do anything at that time because she was helpless. They screamt at eachother and at the end Ryder stormed out of the house in anger and returned later in the night completely wasted. This angered dad even more. They started arguing again, this time when my brother stormed out dad followed him, Ryder on his bike and dad in the car. After that I don't know what happened but mom and I were really worried and later in the night there was a konck at the door thinking it was dad mom opens the door but there were two officers who told us that dad had got into an accident a-and he-he didn't survive it. I was shattered and mom was even worse. We asked about another guy on a bike but they said that they didn't see any guy on the bike. We waited for days, then weeks and even after dad's funeral, Ryder had not returned back. A few years back I was riding around on my bike in the night and I spotted him in the area round the underground so I followed him. They did not allow me to meet him so I decided to compete to see him. Apparently ge is one of the most important people of the underground. I had met Travis through one of my friends. Thats how I got into the underground."

I did the only sensible thing that came to my mind at that time, and it was to hug him. So I opened my arms and lunged at him pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

" Dax... I'm sorry." I say softly.
He hugged me back. We stayed like that for some time. Taking comfort in eachothers arms.
I pulled back slightly so I could look at his face. Ge leaned his forehead on mine.

" You know, you make me do and say things that I would not do or say to any other person. I haven't told anybody the whole story. The guys only know parts of it."

" I know there is more to your story, Dax, you are a mystery I  would sure like to solve."I say with a small smile.

" Same about you Abs." He returned a small but genuine Smile back.

" Well well well what do we have here."  Said a voice from behind us.

I shrieked and jumped up from the sofa. I turned around quickly and saw Ruby standing there with a smug smile on her face.

" Oh my gosh Ruby you scared me." I said placing a hand on my chest.

" Mom what are you doing home so early I thought you were going to come back tomorrow."

Maddox asks standing up from his spot and standing besides me.

" You should check your phone." She says rolling her eyes. " Anyway, are you two dating yet?" She asks.

I turn red.

" Mom! What the hell." Maddox screams.

" Ew why would I date him." I say scrunching my nose.

" Why would I date you." He says looking me up and down, with distaste.

" Whatever you two, when y'all get together don't tell me I didn't tell you." She says with a smirk.

" I think I should leave. It's getting late." I say awkwardly.

" Yeah I'll walk you to the door." Maddox says.

" Um..Yeah sure." I say.

" Mom please wipe that smirk off your face." Maddox says annoyed.

I walked to the door and grabbed my jacket from the stand.

Maddox followed behind me.

" I'm going to take my leave." I say pointing my thumb to my bike.

" Yeah drive safe." He says.

I walk towards my bike and climb on and get ready to leave when he calls out my name.

" Abs!"He says making his way over to me.

" Yeah?"

" Um.. thanks." He says scratching the back of his neck.

" For what?" I asked confused.

" For sharing and listening to me, it means a lot."

" it was nothing. I really liked telling you it felt like a weigh was off my shoulders." I smile.

" Now go you don't want my mom assuming something do you." He says with a smirk.

" Whatever Maddy boy." I say rolling my eyes." Bye."

" Bye."

I start my bike and drive off.
After having dinner I go lie down on my bed smile still not off my face.

You like him.

Yeah I do.

Okay so I know it's  a small chapter. But I had to use something as a filler so I had to put in something. Anyway enjoyyyy. Like share and comment.

Love Megan 🖤