Chapter-31

Maddox's POV:-

" One of my men spotted Brandon down town. "

All the color drained from her face, she became as pale as a ghost.

" Babe you don't worry I won't let him touch a hair on your head. " I said pulling ge closer to me and hugging her tightly.

" You sure man? " Dean asked.

" Yeah I'm sure he sent me a picture. " I said to him handing my phone to him so he could see the picture.

" Shit, I he's here it won't take him long for him to reach to us. " He says.

Suddenly Sabrina pulls away form me, all the emotions from her face gone, her body was completely tensed.

" Maddox you need to increase the security on our friends I don't want them in trouble. Dean can you ask your grandpa to come over tomorrow so we can discuss how we should move further from here. Also call Jake and the guys, we might need their help. "

Dean nods and moves out of the room.

" Hey babe, how are you feeling? " I ask her as I rub her shoulder soothingly.

Her face was still blank and I could feel the slight tremble going through her body.

" I'm fine. " She said.

" No you are not, tell me how you are really. "

" What do you want me to say! I am not fine! I have a psychopath behind me who apparently wants me dead, and blames me for the death of Sam when he knows full well that it was his own fault that Sam is dead and not here with me today! " She snapped, breathing harshly.

To say I was hurt was an understatement, but I understood where she was coming from. I didn't react much because I knew she wasn't in thr right state of mind right now.  I rubbed her shoulders.

There was a long moment of silence between us.

" I'm sorry Dax, I didn't mean to snap, I just so frustrated and overwhelmed. "

" It's fine I know you didn't mean what you said. Just know that if you ever want to talk about it I am always there for you. " I said softly to her, kissing her forehead.

She turned slightly and hugged me tight her face in the crook of my neck.

" I love you Dax. " She said placing a kiss on my neck.

" I love you too Abs, and I mean it anytime. "

We stayed like that for a few minutes until Dean came back.

" I called Grandpa and I asked the guys to come as fast as they can come. I spoke to Jake he was worried about you. Oh and how can I forget to mention Ty was freaking out. "

I stiffened slightly at the mention of Jakes name. But Sabrina gave my hand a slight squeeze and I relaxed.

She had told me about her friends and how much trouble they used to create in their town.

" Ok, I'm tired I think I'll head back home. " She said.

" Do you want me to come with you? "

" No, I need some time alone. Dean will drop me. " I nod reluctantly.

She gathers her things and goes towards deans car.

" Call me if you need anything. "

" Okay. "

I peck her lips and she leaves after that.

I get inside the house and immediately call Ryder my second in command.

" Hello. " I say.

" Hey bro."

" Is there any more news about Brandon? "

" Nothing much, I have put a few men behind him that are keeping an eye on him. I also called Travis like you told me to, he said he'll discuss the details of the protection of your friends at school. "

" Ok, thank you. One more thing I want you and Travis to come over tomorrow in the afternoon. "

" Okay boss. "

I keep the phone and go to my room and sit down on my bed thinking things through.

Not gonna lie I'm a little worried about this Jake guy, even though Sabrina tries to reassure me time and again. Also there are the other two Tyler and Mason. From what she has told me about them Tyler sounds like a class clown kinda guy, but she also told me how he beat up a guy for robbing his phone with a metal bat... Yeah. She told me Mason was the bulkiest amongst the three of them he was the guy with a brooding look that stuck to his face all day long. So yeah not so sure about that as well. I think their approval is necessary because they were the ones always there for her.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing pulling me away from my thoughts.

*Travis*

" Hey kiddo, you wanted to speak to me? "

" Yeah it's regarding Sabrina. You remember I told you about that guy who was after her. He's here, one of my guys spotted him. "

" Yeah I remember, what do you want me to do? "

" I want you to increase training of few of my best men. They will be required. Also I want you to come to my place tomorrow we are going to discuss the plan here, Sabrina's trainer is also going to be here with few other people, you know Max? "

" Max as in Max Rodriguez? "

" Yes. He's her trainer. "

" Oh wow! We were best friends in high school and college. I'll get to see him after so many years. I just wish the situation was different. "

" Yeah, but anyway I wanted to inform you about that, I've told Ryder to send you a message regarding this as a reminder. "

" Boy, I'm old but not that old that I'll forget about meeting you. "

" I know, I did it just in case. "

" Ok then see you there. "

" Ok bye. "

I sigh and keep the call. I go in the kitchen and make a sandwich for myself. These past few weeks Sabrina and I have been together for such long periods of time, and now it feels like something is missing since she isn't here.

You're whipped dude.

No.

Yeah you are.

No

Sure dude whatever you are even more whipped than whipped cream.

Whatever.

Even my conscience is against me.

It's really weird not seeing her around otherwise she would have been lounging on the couch and watching Friends, or she would be attacking the pantry. Or she would be cuddling with me and we would take turns playing flappy bird on my phone and she would cuss everytime she would loose, but I love the smile that comes to her face when I let her beat me.

Oh god I'm whipped.

I let out a small chuckle and shake my head. I love that girl. Looking at here face drain of all its color like it did today and the fear in her eyes makes my stomach drop.

I just whish this gets over fast and nobody gets hurt because of it.

Yusssss that's it for this week. Keep reading, like, share and comment or would help me improve my writing.

Love Megan 🖤