𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚢 ⇢ 𝟶𝟷𝟺

September 7th ┆08:23 pm

A sharp breath was released before all air dissolved and grew thin. Digits slowly curling into a tight fist, the adolescent's lashes flutter before his only lid folds back to grant his eye the opportunity to focus.

Carl's lips part as blurred vision began to slowly adjust to the view of the sky above, as well as the trees now almost bare with amber leaves. Before his thoughts could come to process, the sound of heavy footsteps grasped the teen's attention.

Rolling over with a soft groan, the male lifted his head to watch as a blonde opened the passenger side door of the car now plowed into a thick tree trunk. Attempting to drag his body forward in efforts to help the unconscious female left within the vehicle, his form was reluctant to make any kind of movement.

His brows furrow as he glanced behind, eye suddenly growing wide to discover a pool of black smoke begin to creep in from beyond the trees; slipping around each layer of bark like liquid.

"No, no, no. . " Grimes anxiously muttered to himself, quickly facing ahead yet again─ attempting to force his way back onto his feet to inevitably fail.

As the black smoke neared, his once dead lungs from within began to fill; bringing a similar sensation to burning from the inside. The torture merely worsened as the seconds drew along.

"Ana─" Carl would try to heave out with pure struggle.

"Anais!"

Still incapable of moving, he could only lay on his stomach, clinging onto the dead grass in desperation whilst he watched the unknown female drag Williams' limp body away helplessly.

   Attention being brought elsewhere, his eye closed over─ awaiting the moment his body would be smothered with the ash travelling with the thick clouds of smoke.

September 8th ┆08:41 am

Tilting her head back, Anais hummed by the sheer feeling of the lukewarm water falling to her feet; washing off a majority of the unpleasant scents and stains that masked her figure.

The contact of water on her skin─ it brought a sense of joy. She never felt so fresh in many months now, so for a smile to beam across her face was no surprise.

By the sound of a soft knock on the door, the brunette turned her head to glance aside; brow somewhat raised and smile on the verge of fading as reality zoned back in.

"Almost done in there? Breakfast is on the table."

Mouth slightly agape, a soft stutter followed to emit before a reply was returned, "I─ Yeah. I'll be out in a few."

Listening as footsteps descended back down the hall, a sigh escaped before the falling droplets from the shower-head above came to a sudden halt as Anais gave a turn of the faucet; absentmindedly watching as the last of the blood that stained her skin ran down the bathtub's drain.

Strands of dark tresses fell over her visage whilst she climbed out of the tub with ease; positioning herself in front of the bathroom mirror coated with a thin layer of condensation. She proceeded to raise a hand─ swiping a hand across the thin mirror to view the reflection that was now clear to the eye.

A slight curve crept across her plump, chapped lips at the sight of her freshly clean features. She never thought she'd live long enough to view such a thing again.

Glancing downwards for the briefest of moments to retrieve a hair comb, the teen suddenly paused once orbs locked back on the mirror─ finding the figure of another that wasn't present before.

For a split second, her pulse increased unusually high. She swore it was on the verge of pumping through her chest.

Immediately spinning around to face the one eyed boy, a hand quickly slapped over her mouth before she could even utter a word─ leaving her to only stare at Carl's narrowed eye as it transitioned from a pool of milky blue, to a dark grey. She could already feel heat invade her flushed cheeks due to her lack of clothing whilst in his company, but it didn't seem to faze him by the slightest.

"Anais! Your food!"

At Pepper's calls from the kitchen, Carl's eye only twitched into a glare, "Keep your fucking mouth shut. Think you can do that?"

Releasing a quivered breath against the palm of his cold hand, Williams hesitated before quickly nodding her head─ prompting him to slowly remove his hand from her lips.

"Where the fuck were you? And what happened in that car? Are you insane─"

Pressing a hand back over her mouth, Grimes leaned in closer with a soft huff, "Are you fucking kidding me? I ask you to do one thing. Stop running your god damn mouth for once in your life."

   "Anais?" With the same knuckles knocking lightly against the door yet again, Carl set his attention there; pinching his lips together as his muscles began to tense up, "Are you okay in there?"

   Cocking up her eyebrows, the female hummed against his palm in some effort to regain Grimes' attention. Thankfully, she succeeded in doing so. Almost as though he fell into a daze, the spirit inevitably sighed in defeat and retracted any kind of contact from her.

    At the sound of the door creaking open, the teenager gasped; shielding her modesty as much as she could, but Pepper would merely stare─ a faint smirk gracing her mouth before she carelessly tossed a towel to the naked girl's direction.

     "What about you stop talking to yourself and come join me for breakfast?" The blonde teased, pursing her lips as she slyly scanned focus over the other's body before leaving. 

    Exhaling in relief, Anais slipped the towel around her body; neatly tucking it close to her once exposed chest to ensure it will remain secure before she turned back to Carl─ finding the spot where he once stood to be lifeless.

   "Carl?" The brunette whispered, glancing around in confusion─ even pulling back the shower curtain in hopes of catching him hiding out there.

Nothing.