𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚊𝚐𝚎 ⇢ 𝟶𝟸𝟹

September 10th ┆07:52 pm

   "You're lying. ."

Staring at Carl through tear glazed eyes, the female sniffled; lids somewhat squinted as vision slightly blurred over, "Why would I lie about that?"

After a short pause of nothing but sobs from Judith's part, a sigh in relief was quick to leave her as Carl released his grasp before standing up to storm away.

    Anais helplessly watched as she stood herself back upright, eventually extending an arm to offer Judith a hand. She rudely declined by swatting her hand away before forcing herself back up onto her feet.

   "Judith─."

"I want you out of this camp. . You are not welcome into this community." Sending the adolescent a glare, she brought a hand up to swiftly wipe at her flushed cheek before marching away; hands rolled into tight fists in some effort to maintain composure in front of her fellow survivors.

Sending eyes to the ground─ they soon closed tight in an attempt to dry over the tears that welled up.

"God fucking dammit. ."

September 10th ┆08:06 pm

"I'm sorry that this didn't work out."

Curling her digits around the strap of her backpack, Anais absentmindedly injected the tips of her nails into the fabric as she watched as Judith stared at her darkly from her bedroom window.

    Trying to ignore the eyes that felt as though were piercing into her very soul─ the brunette sighed, setting gaze back to R.J.

  "It's okay. . Thanks for trying." Williams replied, forcing a reassuring smile to grace her visage.

   Emitting a sigh, R.J looked up, signalling one of his men to open the gates with a slight tilt of his head. The creaking sound of the old wood and metal clashing together made Anais cringe just a little bit.

  As the female inched closer towards the gate, she glanced up at the young man who gave her arm a small tap, "I packed some food into your bag. . I figured you'd be hungry."

   Her smile growing somewhat wider; the little dimples on her cheeks displayed, "Thanks, R.J."

   "Stay safe out there, Anais."

Looking out beyond the opened gates, the adolescent deeply inhaled before making her way out of that safe haven─ alone. Since Carl's outburst, he had yet to make another appearance. After everything that happened, Anais would doubt he'd even try to.

  Without another word being uttered, the teen began the walk into the unknown. She had nowhere to go. No one to watch her back when she so desperately needed it. To her, it was like walking into her inevitable death.

   Listening to the sound of the gates closing behind her, something inside switched. Although she did doubt Carl would make some kind of return, a part of her wanted to believe he'd, by the very least, would show his face─ just for one last goodbye.

   Trying to shake those thoughts from mind, she took the time to admire her surroundings. It was dark and incredibly cold that time of year, but it did have its highlights─ very few of them, sure, but she'd try to look at the brighter side of it all.

"I'll make it real. . I will."

Clinging to his son's hand, Rick gave it a comforting squeeze as more tears trickled down his heated cheeks.

Carl cracked a weak smile to his father. It was obvious that his body felt intense pain due to the infection from the walker bite spreading─ killing every last organ in him, but the painful expression as a result to his internal torture was the last thing he wanted his father to witness and engrave to memory.

"Dad. . Dad, you have to go." Carl said, and Rick chocked out at the mere thought.

"Carl. . Carl, I can't─."

"You can. ." The one eyed boy weakly replied, sniffling back his own tears, "Dad, you have to. . Please."

Catching the glimmer of desperation in his own child's eye, Rick gave a hesitant nod of his head before leaning in to plant one final kiss to Carl's forehead.

Watching as both Michonne and his father left the deteriorating church, Carl felt some sense of peace overcome him.

Settling gaze to the ceiling above, he lightly inhaled; admiring the graze of sunlight seeping in from the broken window─ eventually closing his one eye over, Carl memorised the smell of ash that lingered, the feeling of heat gracing one half of his face, how his body finally eased to numbness after being rested upon the floorboards.

As his digits cling to the grip of his gun, he gave it a light squeeze before adjusting the weapon─ pressing the tip of his silencer to his temple.

His fingers trembled, tears dried over and muscles tensed up as he fixed his index on the trigger to apply little pressure; counting down the seconds before he'd meet his end of life.

"See you soon, mom."

September 11th ┆03:13 am

Anais suddenly woke up with a heavy gasp. One so desperate to regain air, anyone would think she was held down in a pool of water.

Looking around at the woodland frantically, she deeply inhaled to find herself where she previously sat down to rest─ propped up against a thick tree trunk, arms crossed tight around her chest to gain some warmth her body greatly craved.

Her tired eyes remained somewhat squinted. It'd cause some irritation if she even attempted to open them any wider.

She proceeded to stand up, sniffling before giving her nose a quick wipe against the sleeve of her flannel. A cold or flu was developing in her─ she could feel it.

Before Anais could cuss quietly to herself, she quickly spun around to hear a snap amongst the leaves.

Slyly bringing a hand behind her back, her digits slipped around the handle of Pepper's butterfly knife─ only to be forced away by a tight grasp.

"Fu─." Williams' words fell muffled and ultimately inaudible against the palm of an older male's hand.

"Hello, little missy." A husky voice said, one Anais couldn't exactly identify, "You've been causing a lot of trouble, haven't you?"

Linking an arm around the teen's neck with some struggling due to her resistance, the stranger squeezed─ blocking enough air from the brunette's system to send her off into sleep.

"Never send an amateur to do your dirty work."