𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏 𝚒𝚗𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚢 ⇢ 𝟶𝟷𝟼

September 8th ┆10:28 am

"A full clip and a can of beans. Not a bad find, huh?"

Anais softly snorted at Pepper before limping on; a light tug threatening to stretch along her lip's edge. Her heavy footsteps creaked along the varnish floorboards as she dragged her injured leg along; pressing a hand against the nearest wall to maintain balance.

"Better than nothing." Anais replied in a mumble, scanning eyes around the home in admiration. It was obvious that the property was once owned by some rich folk. The place was like one big showroom─ excluding the dust, mould and dampness that began to smother the walls. It was in better condition compared to most buildings those days.

Extending an arm, she placed a hand on a random door along the hallway; pushing it open effortlessly before taking a cautious step inside to get a good look of the bedroom.

It wasn't the cleanest, but boy did it look comfortable. Giving in to the temptation, she dragged herself along and sat on the mattress's edge. Duck feather. It had to be.

Peeling off her coat, she set it aside─ sighing out in content.

   "Ooh, that looks comfy." Pepper mused upon entering room, carelessly dropping her bag by her feet before plopping herself on the space next to Anais, "I could get used to this."

   A light smile cracked across the brunette's lips, simply by the tone of the other's voice─ and that smile only widened when Pepper's arms laced around her waist from behind.

"What do you think, hm? Wanna stay here for the night?"

Anais pursed her lips, pondering the question, but found no time to reply since her mind blanked off the second the blonde's lips passionately met with her own.

Cupping William's cheek in the warmth of her palm, Pepper made the kiss they shared that tad bit more tender, "What do you say?"

Curling a strand of Anais's hair back; Pepper hummed whilst making little space between the two─ granting the female the opportunity to give a response.

September 8th ┆10:56 am

"Mom. ."

  Carl murmured whilst he absentmindedly pressed a hand on a tree trunk; running the tips of his digits over the layer of bark, "Mom, I don't know what to do."

  Soon guiding his attention to the sky, he watched as a few birds freely glide across the open space. He couldn't help but feel envy towards them.

   "What are you doing?" Emitting a groan, his eye shielded shut in irritation. If anyone was present and actually had the ability to hear him, they'd be able to catch the annoyance lingering in his tone, "Fuck─ get a grip, Carl."

   "Are you sure it's close by?"

"Yeah─ Pepper said she'd have the girl there."

   Allowing his eye to slowly open, the adolescent gave a slight turn of his head; curiously watching as two men guided a black Labrador along the trail he previously watched Anais and her companion follow.

   Although he didn't know the blonde girl with Anais, he could recall hearing her say that name. It couldn't of been a coincidence.

    Openly stepping out from beyond the trees, Grimes began to assess the area, only to be suddenly interrupted by the black retriever barking rather loudly. Carl almost stumbled over his own feet to find the animal staring him down; sharp teeth on display as he forced out a threatening growl.

   "Hey─ What is it boy?" One of the men asked, looking around in confusion before giving a light tug of the dog's leash.

     His words, nor did the pressure against his neck seem to faze the dog. He could sense the presence of a stranger, and that brought him to full alert.

  Carl merely stood, watching the animal─ almost in awe, before he'd focus back on the two men.

    Although the dog was incapable of bringing him any kind of harm to the spirit, Carl's muscles still tensed up out of natural instinct.

   "It's probably a walker or somethin'. Let's just fuckin' go." The other male huffed impatiently, latching a hand around the leash before pulling at the leather; giving the dog no choice but to submit and follow.

   A deep sigh slipped by Carl's somewhat parted lips before he walked on─ being sure to keep some distance between himself and the men as he followed.

September 8th ┆11:02 am

"Is that the place?"

"Think so." Looking up at the large house, the two men sighed out in exhaustion before they decided to approach; leaving the dog tied by the mail box, occupied by chewing on an old fawn's bone.

Carl, who was only a few feet behind, took a quick glance around at his surroundings before he entered the home as the men, both still oblivious to his presence, did.

"Spread out and look for Pepper. If you find her, don't give her shit until she hands over the kid. Alive. After that, you can kill that blondie bitch." Giving a nod in agreement, both men parted ways; one disappearing up the staircase, another checking each room lined across the hallways.

Carl, however, moved down the hallway; eyes narrowed, and hands balled into fists for a brief squeeze in some effort to relieve his anger before jumping in to strike.

As the stranger leaned forward to place a hand on a doorknob, Carl swiftly slipped up behind him; pressing his palms against the sides of his head, and twisting it around until he heard a loud snap of his neck. That's when he knew to take a step back to watch as his lifeless body fell by his boots.

"Anais?" Carelessly stepping over the body, Grimes lightly pushed the door open─ eye following the door until a pool of blood spreading over the marble floor instantly caught his notice.

"Shit. ."