𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 ⇢ 𝟶𝟸𝟸

September 10th ┆07:47 pm

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

"Here."

Sliding down from his seated position on the countertop, Carl grabbed the bundle of fresh bandages from the first aid kit─ untangling its edge in preparation.

    After her many attempts to tend to her injuries herself, Anais would no longer put in effort to protest; willingly displaying the marks on her palms for Carl to treat.

  "I haven't seen my dad yet─ or Judith, Michonne. ." The one eyed boy muttered, carefully cupping a hand under Ana's to keep it still before he'd swab a little alcohol on her open cuts.

It prompted a hiss to escape whilst her hand naturally retracted itself against his grasp, but, of course, it couldn't release from the strength he applied. He initially expected that reaction.

   "Sorry─ I know. It stings like shit." Carl said, attempting to ease Williams back to comfort, "Just breathe. . It'll pass."

    As instructed, Anais took a deep inhale before focusing gaze back on her shaking hand; watching carefully as Grimes began to wrap the bandage around the irritated layer of skin, "It'd feel better to just chop the hand off completely."

   "Little dramatic, don't you think?" Carl scoffed, briefly glancing up at the girl to cock up a brow and flash a teasing grin.

Squinting her eyes just a tad, a slight crinkle became exposed over the bridge of her nose, "Is it, though?"

   Her response earned herself a chuckle from the adolescent, and she'd be lying if she said the simple sound didn't result in a curve extending across the corners of her plump lips.

    Quickly catching her lower lip between her teeth to lightly chew on, her eyes scan up to Carl's visage once his fidgeting digits left the sensitivity of her now covered palms, "Thanks."

   "No problem." With a nod of his head, the boy sighed─ allowing his hands to fall back by his sides before he turned around, exiting the cramped bathroom to bring himself into the bedroom.

   Slowly walking in behind him, Anais took a few moments to admire the work he did on her injuries. She had to assume that a majority of his experience with first aid came from treating the area where his eye once functioned.

    "Do you think they're dead?"

Hearing those words brought an instant lump to grow and bombard the empty spaces in her stomach. A place so starving, now felt sickeningly full.

    Guiding eyes to the figure that sat on the edge of a bed; body slouched over, head hung low; the smile that previously graced his lips vanished─ Williams frowned before hesitantly parting her lips.