𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 ⇢ 𝟶𝟶𝟽

September 6th ┆08:02 pm

"Don't be such a baby. I'm not gonna kill you or anything. . I would've done it already if I wanted to."

  Looking at how Anais would cower in the corner of the room, he cocked up a brow to find her looking up at him; eyes sending a heavy glare to his direction.

  Glancing down at his boots, his lips somewhat purse as he took a moment of silence to gather the correct words to reply.

  "Look─ It's been. . a while since I talked to someone. I need to get my communicating skills back up to par."

  Emitting a sigh, he extended his arm─ offering a hand to the female, "I'm Carl Grimes, by the way."

  Still sparking glares to the male's direction, Anais pulled her knees close to her chest─ hugging them close, for both her safety and the need to gain some warmth, "Bullshit."

  Squinting his only eye, Carl allowed his arm to loosely fall back by his side.

  "Oh, so you believe I could stab myself in the chest, and still be breathing with no injury left behind whatsoever, huh?"

   The brunette rolled her eyes, looking off to the other end of the corner; tired gaze momentarily sinking into another zone in mind.

"So, what? Are you a ghost or something?" At her question, the teen could only roll his shoulders back into a shrug.

  "I mean─ I guess you could call it that? It's a better explanation than anything I could come up with."

   Brushing her marked cheek with the back of her hand, Anais broke from her daze to stare at the other adolescent in study. Her mind was bombarded with many questions, but she couldn't seem to focus on a single one. It was almost as though her brain sank into overdrive.

   "Is that why you asked if I could see you?"

With a small nod of his head, he took a step closer. Seeing that she didn't withdraw herself like before, he felt more relaxed in approaching─ taking each movement leisurely, of course.

    "Either you're one of the only people around who can see me, or everyone else that wanders in here just chooses to ignore me─ which," Motioning his hand towards his face, he gave a soft chuckle in efforts to bring some form of comfort to the girl, "You know, kid with one eye. . 𝙆𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 hard to ignore."

  Earning no smile in return, Carl's chuckle was quick to die down─ brining nothing but a space of awkward silence to consume between the teenagers.

   "Why. . Why would you make me see those things?" Furrowing his brows in confusion, the blue eyed male gave a slight tilt of his head.

  "Things? What things?"

"You know─ my dreams. I've been having them. . Well, pretty much all day."