𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 ⇢ 𝟶𝟷𝟿

"Does it hurt bad?"

  "Does it hurt bad?"

"No. It's not that bad now. . What about yours?"

   "Wha─ What do you mean?"

Hands clenching desperately around her throat; Anais choked out, the tips of her nails penetrating into the soft skin around her neck─ clawing in sheer agony.

As eyes roll back to meet the inside of her skull, she could feel her body instinctively fall─ giving the illusion that she would meet her inevitable defeat.

September 8th ┆08:49 pm

"No!"

Quickly sitting up with a sharp gasp, beads of sweat trickled over the female's forehead. A hand was still grasped around her neck, trembling at the feeling of her rapid pulse.

Anxiously darting eyes around the dark, empty room, a quivered breath fell between her plump brims─ doing so now and again until the brief set of panic eased.

Retracting nails from her neck, a gentle groan could be heard from the girl at the feeling of irritation against the scratches left behind on her skin. A free hand curled around her wrist, lightly squeezing in effort to relax the digits that continued to tremble.

Her eyes closed over, lips soon parting to breathe out in relief, "It was only a nightmare. . It was only a nightmare."

   As much as she would protest, her lips curled into a frown─ prompting tears to build and blur her vision. She somehow managed to sniffle them away.

   In that moment, she brought herself into the position she feared most. Alone. No one to rely on. It was hard not to think about. It was the longest time she was lonesome since her birth into this hell they called earth.

   Gathering the strength to pull her legs back with a satisfying click, she positioned her feet back onto the floor to bring herself upright─ taking small steps ahead for her muscles to adjust back into use.

   The moon's beams glared through a small crack between the set of curtains, permitting little light, but enough to guide Williams' way around the space.

Usually, she'd search the place for food, but with her mind in such a state, her appetite lacked. The unpleasant smell in the house didn't quite help with that either.

"It's freezing out here. . . Why does the General want this kid so badly, anyways?"

Hearing those words from beyond the wall, Anais ignored the pain in her leg and took a step ahead to peek through the curtain─ following the silhouettes of a few armed men studying the structure.